HELP: Can't seem to 'require' libxml under MacOS X

theosib

2/6/2007 12:53:00 AM

I've installed Ruby under MacOS X Tiger (or upgraded it) via Fink, and
I've also installed gems. Using gems, I installed libxml-ruby. For
whatever reason, however, putting "require 'xml/libxml'" into a Ruby
program gives me an error:

LoadError: no such file to load xml/libxml

When search through spotlight, I do find files related to it, but the
usual way of requiring them doesn't work.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

2 Answers

theosib

On Feb 5, 7:53 pm, theo...@gmail.com wrote:

> LoadError: no such file to load xml/libxml

Note: I read something about needing to first "require 'rubygems'",
but that doesn't help.

ryan.raaum@gmail.com

On Feb 5, 7:53 pm, theo...@gmail.com wrote:
> I've installed Ruby under MacOS X Tiger (or upgraded it) via Fink, and
> I've also installed gems. Using gems, I installed libxml-ruby. For
> whatever reason, however, putting "require 'xml/libxml'" into a Ruby
> program gives me an error:
>
> LoadError: no such file to load xml/libxml
>
> When search through spotlight, I do find files related to it, but the
> usual way of requiring them doesn't work.
>
> Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
>
> Thanks!

What does "which ruby" tell you?

-ryan