changing rake task dependencies, runs in wrong order

Trans

2/5/2007 5:53:00 PM

I'm confused. I'm trying to alter the dependencies of a premade rake
task, and while it accepts it, it's actully running the dependcy after
the task rather than before it. With this:

Rake::GemPackageTask.new(spec) do |pkg|

# Don't show the clobber task, just always clobber when
# creating packages. Maybe in future ask to make sure.
Rake::Task['clobber_package'].comment = nil
Rake::Task['repackage'].comment = nil
task :package => [:clobber_package]

Shouldn't it invoke clobber_package BEFORE package? I ran it with --
trace and it's clearly doing the opposite. What's up?

Thanks,
T.