Can't view a ruby file after installation

Veera Sundaravel

2/5/2007 8:33:00 AM

Hello every body,

I'm new person to linux. I already installed PHP5 and MYSql on my
system. Now I installed Ruby on the same system. I dont know how to
start Ruby in my system . Cos when I create a file with the extension of
rb in my localhost directory (/var/www/html/XXX.rb). And run through my
browser but It show my ruby code only not the output.

I followed the same steps as viewing a PHP file, to view my ruby file
like

Starting apache.
viewing through localhost...etc.

Is there any other procedure to view my output of the ruby file

But when I try with shell prompt I got the output like.

Code:
[root@dhcppc0 ~]#env ruby

print "Hello\n";
^D
Hello
[root@dhcppc0 ~]#

And my ruby installation details;

Code:
[root@dhcppc0 ~]# rpm -qa | grep ruby
eruby-devel-1.0.5-6.1
ruby-sqlite3-1.1.0-6.fc6
ruby-devel-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-mode-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-rdoc-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-mysql-2.7.1-2.fc6
eruby-libs-1.0.5-6.1
eruby-1.0.5-6.1
ruby-irb-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
rubygems-0.9.1-1.fc6
ruby-fam-0.2.0-3.fc6
ruby-tcltk-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-libs-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-ri-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
ruby-docs-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
[root@dhcppc0 ~]#

Anything else to install....... Please help,

Thanks in advance.

Vlad Galu

On 2/5/07, Veeraa Vel <veeraa2003@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello every body,
>

> I'm new person to linux. I already installed PHP5 and MYSql on my
> system. Now I installed Ruby on the same system. I dont know how to
> start Ruby in my system . Cos when I create a file with the extension of
> .rb in my localhost directory (/var/www/html/XXX.rb). And run through my
> browser but It show my ruby code only not the output.
>
> I followed the same steps as viewing a PHP file, to view my ruby file
> like
>
> Starting apache.
> viewing through localhost...etc.
>
> Is there any other procedure to view my output of the ruby file
>
> But when I try with shell prompt I got the output like.
>
> Code:
> [root@dhcppc0 ~]#env ruby
>
> print "Hello\n";
> ^D
> Hello
> [root@dhcppc0 ~]#
>

> And my ruby installation details;
>
> Code:
> [root@dhcppc0 ~]# rpm -qa | grep ruby
> eruby-devel-1.0.5-6.1
> ruby-sqlite3-1.1.0-6.fc6
> ruby-devel-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
> ruby-mode-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
> ruby-rdoc-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
> ruby-mysql-2.7.1-2.fc6
> eruby-libs-1.0.5-6.1
> eruby-1.0.5-6.1
> ruby-irb-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
> rubygems-0.9.1-1.fc6
> ruby-fam-0.2.0-3.fc6
> ruby-tcltk-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
> ruby-libs-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
> ruby-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
> ruby-ri-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
> ruby-docs-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
> [root@dhcppc0 ~]#
>

> Anything else to install....... Please help,
>

> Thanks in advance.

AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby
DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.rhtml

Replace the .rb extension with .rhtml, or register the type as .rb in Apache.

If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.

Veera Sundaravel

Vlad GALU wrote:
> On 2/5/07, Veeraa Vel <veeraa2003@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>> like
>>
>> eruby-devel-1.0.5-6.1
>> ruby-tcltk-1.8.5.2-1.fc6
>> Thanks in advance.
> AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
> Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.rhtml
>
> Replace the .rb extension with .rhtml, or register the type as .rb in
> Apache.

I added the above lines
AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby
DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.rhtml

and make alternate changes as .rhtml and .rb in my httpd.conf. But no
use . While try to view my ruby file. It just ask to download. What can
I do.