Re: call to arms: list readers

Harold Hausman

2/5/2007 1:03:00 AM

On 2/4/07, Alex Combas <alex.combas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Custom Search Engine for Ruby http://rubykitc...

Wow. This thing is slick. Thanks for setting it up. (:

-Harold

2 Answers

Avdi Grimm

On 2/4/07, Alex Combas <alex.combas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm glad to hear someone likes it :)
>
> I've just added a code link to the site so if anyone is interested in
> embedding a search box
> on their site its just a matter of cut and paste now.
>
> Also, I've put up a Google Gadget link so you can do a one-click to add the
> search box to your Google home page.

Any chance we could get an OpenSearch [1] plugin linked to that page,
so that FireFox and IE7 can add it to their search bars?

I took a crack at creating one, but it's pretty minimal and probably
incorrect. I'll include it all the same, as a starting point.

[1] http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Creating_OpenSearch_plugins_f...

--
Avdi

Avdi Grimm

On 2/6/07, Alex Combas <alex.combas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any info I can give you that will help?

1. An example or two of a canonical RKS search request URL, with all
required parameters (and without extraneous parameters).

2. A 16x16 icon

3. Does Google co-op support getting search term suggestions via JSON?

Thanks,

--
Avdi