Exit rake silently

Trans

2/4/2007 10:39:00 PM

This haas been asked before... I know b/c I did a search for it. But
it was never answered.

How does one gracefully exit rake? If I use #abort or #exit I get much
extraneus output. I ther no way just to silently end the program?

Thanks,
T.

3 Answers

Trans

On Feb 4, 5:38 pm, "Trans" <transf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This haas been asked before... I know b/c I did a search for it. But
> it was never answered.
>
> How does one gracefully exit rake? If I use #abort or #exit I get much
> extraneus output. I ther no way just to silently end the program?

Should have known.... as soon as I post this it hits me. Well, FYI to
anyone who may have ever wondered:

Kernel#exit!

T.

Jim Weirich

Trans wrote:
> This haas been asked before... I know b/c I did a search for it. But
> it was never answered.
>
> How does one gracefully exit rake? If I use #abort or #exit I get much
> extraneus output. I ther no way just to silently end the program?

Really? For

task :default do
exit 0
end

I get:

$ rake -s
$

-- Jim Weirich

Trans

On Feb 4, 9:24 pm, Jim Weirich <j...@weirichhouse.org> wrote:
> Trans wrote:
> > This haas been asked before... I know b/c I did a search for it. But
> > it was never answered.
>
> > How does one gracefully exit rake? If I use #abort or #exit I get much
> > extraneus output. I ther no way just to silently end the program?
>
> Really? For
>
> task :default do
> exit 0
> end
>
> I get:
>
> $ rake -s
> $

I get:

$ rake -s
rake aborted!
exit
/file/trans/my/code/ruby/foo/Rakefile:4:in `exit'

this if for:

$ rake --version
rake, version 0.7.1

T.