Re: call to arms: list readers

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski)

2/4/2007 8:16:00 PM

Alex Combas:

> Custom Search Engine for Ruby http://rubykitc...

> At the moment we're searching about 300 blogs, around 5000 ruby
> projects (all of rubyforge plus others) and the ruby-lang mailing
> list.

Is there a reason why neither ruby-lang.org
nor ruby-doc.org are included?

-- Shot
--
The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself
as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. -- Dogbert

Peter Szinek

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:
> Alex Combas:
>
>> Custom Search Engine for Ruby http://rubykitc...
>
>> At the moment we're searching about 300 blogs, around 5000 ruby
>> projects (all of rubyforge plus others) and the ruby-lang mailing
>> list.
>
> Is there a reason why neither ruby-lang.org
> nor ruby-doc.org are included?

Well, sometimes it is the easiest to miss the obvious.
It is not included simply because - as dumb as this may sound - we
forgot about it.
This also illustrates that we really need your help to locate all the
relevant sites, no matter how commonsense they look to you. I think you
need no more trivial ruby page than ruby-lang, yet we missed it.

Please keep sending your ideas...

Cheers,
Peter

__
http://www.rubyra...

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski)

Peter Szinek:

> Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:

>> Is there a reason why neither ruby-lang.org
>> nor ruby-doc.org are included?

> Well, sometimes it is the easiest to miss the obvious.

:)

> This also illustrates that we really need your help to locate all
> the relevant sites, no matter how commonsense they look to you.

For whomever whants to help: a good idea is, from time to time, to
repeat a Kitchen Sink search on Google proper and see whether any
relevant results are not suspiciously missing on the Sink.

For an automated solution (if you have the logs), maybe take the
top X Kitchen Sink searches (top ten per day?), run them through
Google with ruby appended to the query, and compare the results?

-- Shot
--
Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven
tells us what it's like to be Beethoven and Bach tells