Re: OO Design question for Net::HTTP caching extension

Richard Zidlicky

2/3/2007 9:43:00 PM

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 12:54:25PM +0900, Minero Aoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In mail "Re: OO Design question for Net::HTTP caching extension"
> Richard Zidlicky <rz@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
>
> > actually I found it quite irritating that proxy isn´t intergated
> > more transparently into Net::HTTP (not to mention complete lack of
> > support for ftp proxy)
> > Every Perl or Python tool will use http_proxy and no_proxy environment
> > variables by default and I see no reason Ruby tools should do
> > differently.
>
> OK, I'll implement it in 1.8.

same old request.. could Net::HTTP use proxy by default?

Far too many Ruby programs and libraries do not provide support for http
proxies and of those that do only a minimal fraction does get it right,
ie not only use http_proxy but also no_proxy.

Regards
Richard