releasing under win32

Peter Szinek

I am developing a ruby package under linux. When I packaged it into a
gem and installed it on a win32 box, everything looked scary because of
the linux <-> dos line endings. (there are examples and tutorials etc -
and after all maybe someone wants to view the source code, too)

My question is: before packaging the stuff for win32, do you run a rake
task or something to unix2dos the files? Or this is left to the users on
the win32 side?

Thanks,
Peter

__
http://www.rubyra...

2 Answers

Ryan Davis

On Feb 3, 2007, at 8:37 AM, Peter Szinek wrote:

> I am developing a ruby package under linux. When I packaged it into
> a gem and installed it on a win32 box, everything looked scary
> because of the linux <-> dos line endings. (there are examples and
> tutorials etc - and after all maybe someone wants to view the
> source code, too)
>
> My question is: before packaging the stuff for win32, do you run a
> rake task or something to unix2dos the files? Or this is left to
> the users on the win32 side?

I certainly don't package it special. I have to assume that their
text editor will be smart enough to handle it.

Peter Szinek

> I certainly don't package it special. I have to assume that their text
> editor will be smart enough to handle it.

Thanks. This was what I wanted to hear :-)

Peter

__
http://www.rubyra...