reloading .rb files / reparsing?

d c

2/3/2007 4:31:00 PM

hi -

I'm working on an app which is using webbrick for its mini web-server.

each time i change the source i have to restart my app;
is there a way to get ruby to re-parse the files without this?
effectively the same as if just reloading the page if it were PHP...

i guess rails does this - "not caching" the files while in dev mode.

tx!

/dc
David "DC" Collier
mailto:dc@pikkle.com
+81 (0)80 6521 9559
skype: callto://d3ntaku
Pikkle ????
http://www....

Chris Carter

On 2/3/07, dc <lister@pikkle.com> wrote:
> hi -
>
> I'm working on an app which is using webbrick for its mini web-server.
>
> each time i change the source i have to restart my app;
> is there a way to get ruby to re-parse the files without this?
> effectively the same as if just reloading the page if it were PHP...
>
> i guess rails does this - "not caching" the files while in dev mode.
>
> tx!
>
> /dc
> David "DC" Collier
> mailto:dc@pikkle.com
> +81 (0)80 6521 9559
> skype: callto://d3ntaku
> Pikkle ????
> http://www....

Hi David,
You could try hacking the Camping Reloader to do your business:
http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/camping/browser/trunk/lib/camping/r...
http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/camping/browser/trunk/b...
(this uses it)

--