Net::POP and SLL?

Wim Vander Schelden

I've been trying to make a web based interface to several mailing lists
(something like ruby-forums does for this mailing list) but I can't seem
to use an SSL POP3 server with Net::POP.

Is there an easy way to add SSL support to POP? Or is there some way to
get it to connect to an SSL mail server some other way?

Wim

--
Wim Vander Schelden
Bachelor Computer Science, University Ghent

http://nanob...
My weblog, powered by Ruby and BSD licensed.

1 Answer

Jano Svitok

On 2/3/07, Wim Vander Schelden <wim.vanderschelden@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to make a web based interface to several mailing lists
> (something like ruby-forums does for this mailing list) but I can't seem
> to use an SSL POP3 server with Net::POP.
>
> Is there an easy way to add SSL support to POP? Or is there some way to
> get it to connect to an SSL mail server some other way?
>
> Wim

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...
GIYF.