MySQL database and Ruby

Greg Chagnon

2/2/2007 7:16:00 PM

Hello,

I am new to programming ruby and currently as part of university assignment
we have to create a website with MySQL as the database and link them
together.

We also use RadRails. I have managed to create the database and the
scaffolding but I have absolutely no idea how to link the webpage written in
rhtml together. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

dips

2 Answers

Mike Harris

dips wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am new to programming ruby and currently as part of university assignment
>we have to create a website with MySQL as the database and link them
>together.
>
>We also use RadRails. I have managed to create the database and the
>scaffolding but I have absolutely no idea how to link the webpage written in
>rhtml together. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>thanks
>
>dips

Here's a good tutorial. Please direct future questions to the Rails
mailing list

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006/12/14/revisiting-ruby-on-rails-revi...
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2007/01/05/revisiting-ruby-on-rails-revisi...

Good luck.

Greg Chagnon

"Mike Harris" <GENIE@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> dips wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am new to programming ruby and currently as part of university
>>assignment we have to create a website with MySQL as the database and link
>>them together.
>>
>>We also use RadRails. I have managed to create the database and the
>>scaffolding but I have absolutely no idea how to link the webpage written
>>in rhtml together. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>dips
>>

> Here's a good tutorial. Please direct future questions to the Rails
> mailing list
>
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006/12/14/revisiting-ruby-on-rails-revi...
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2007/01/05/revisiting-ruby-on-rails-revisi...
>
> Good luck.