My Script/Console Won't work..

Dominic Son

2/1/2007 11:16:00 AM

I was rolling on Instant Rails, and it didn't work there,
figured I'd install the latest 1.8.5 in a new directory, still won't
run.

it says "ruby: No such file or directory -- script/console (LoadError)"

somebody help please. thanks

Jason Mayer

On 2/1/07, Dominic Son <dominicson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was rolling on Instant Rails, and it didn't work there,
> figured I'd install the latest 1.8.5 in a new directory, still won't
> run.
>
> it says "ruby: No such file or directory -- script/console (LoadError)"
>
> somebody help please. thanks

Assuming you are running on windows, you should check the
environmental variables to make sure that your path points to the
correct place.

Dominic Son

Thanks Jason, yes i see that my PATH is pointing to
C:\INSTANTRAILS\RUBY\BIN\ which is correct. If i type 'ruby', it seems
to run the exec, but somehow i can't run any with the script/*
argument...

: T

Jason Mayer wrote:
> On 2/1/07, Dominic Son <dominicson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was rolling on Instant Rails, and it didn't work there,
>> figured I'd install the latest 1.8.5 in a new directory, still won't
>> run.
>>
>> it says "ruby: No such file or directory -- script/console (LoadError)"
>>
>> somebody help please. thanks
>>
>> --
>
> Assuming you are running on windows, you should check the
> environmental variables to make sure that your path points to the
> correct place.

Kevin

On Feb 1, 8:29 am, Dominic Son <dominic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jason, yes i see that my PATH is pointing to
> C:\INSTANTRAILS\RUBY\BIN\ which is correct. If i type 'ruby', it seems
> to run the exec, but somehow i can't run any with the script/*
> argument...
>
> : T
>

> Jason Mayer wrote:
> > On 2/1/07, Dominic Son <dominic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I was rolling on Instant Rails, and it didn't work there,
> >> figured I'd install the latest 1.8.5 in a new directory, still won't
> >> run.
>
> >> it says "ruby: No such file or directory -- script/console (LoadError)"
>
> >> somebody help please. thanks
>
> >> --

I presume you are doing this from a rails application directory,
right?

On a windows machine, you need to do 'ruby script/console'

_Kevin

Dominic Son

Awe man, i found the problem - when i was backing up, i simply forgot to
include the folder 'script'...

(hits himself on forehead)..

thanks for your support guys...