Can't get Apache2 to i interpret my ruby file

(D. Alvarado)

I have Apache 2.2 installed on my Fedora Core 5 Linux machine. I
created this file, "test.rb" at my public document root

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"

and when i visit http://mydomain.c..., the output is

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"

That's right, it's just the same file. So my question is, what
directives to I need to add to my "httpd.conf" file to make this file
interpret? I am surprised by how little documentation there is on how
to do this.

Thanks, - Dave

2 Answers

Alin Alin

laredotornado@zipmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Apache 2.2 installed on my Fedora Core 5 Linux machine. I
> created this file, "test.rb" at my public document root
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/ruby
> print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"
>
> and when i visit http://mydomain.c..., the output is
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/ruby
> print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"
>
> That's right, it's just the same file. So my question is, what
> directives to I need to add to my "httpd.conf" file to make this file
> interpret? I am surprised by how little documentation there is on how
> to do this.
>
> Thanks, - Dave

Hi Dave,

Please take a look at: http://wiki.modruby.net/en/?In...
It was the only straight installation manual that I found out there and
it was a great help.

Note: pay attention on which version of Apache are you going to make the
installation (Apache or Apache2).

Best regards,
Alin.

Alin Alin

Alin Popa wrote:
> laredotornado@zipmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have Apache 2.2 installed on my Fedora Core 5 Linux machine. I
>> created this file, "test.rb" at my public document root
>>
>> #!/usr/local/bin/ruby
>> print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"
>>
>> and when i visit http://mydomain.c..., the output is
>>
>> #!/usr/local/bin/ruby
>> print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"
>>
>> That's right, it's just the same file. So my question is, what
>> directives to I need to add to my "httpd.conf" file to make this file
>> interpret? I am surprised by how little documentation there is on how
>> to do this.
>>
>> Thanks, - Dave
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> Please take a look at: http://wiki.modruby.net/en/?In...
> It was the only straight installation manual that I found out there and
> it was a great help.
>
> Note: pay attention on which version of Apache are you going to make the
> installation (Apache or Apache2).
>
> Best regards,
> Alin.

Sorry, I forgot one more thing:
The installation above is about linux (or this is where it helped me)
For win32 install, check that: http://www.hiveminds.co.uk...

Alin.