[ANN] firebrigade_api 1.0.0 Released

Eric Hodel

1/31/2007 9:13:00 AM

firebrigade_api version 1.0.0 has been released!

http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/fireb...

== DESCRIPTION

An API wrapper for http://firebrigade.sea...

== FEATURES/PROBLEMS

Changes:

== 1.0.0 / 2007-01-30

* Birthday!
* Ruby interface to http://firebrigade.sea...
* User-friendly cache for implementing Tinderbox

27 Answers

Eric Hodel

On Jan 31, 2007, at 01:12, Eric Hodel wrote:

> firebrigade_api version 1.0.0 has been released!

Oops! I forgot to bump the rc-rest version up to 2.2.1. If you're
missing RCRest::CommunicationError, please upgrade.

Mat Schaffer

On Jan 31, 2007, at 5:12 AM, Eric Hodel wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2007, at 01:12, Eric Hodel wrote:
>
>> firebrigade_api version 1.0.0 has been released!
>
> Oops! I forgot to bump the rc-rest version up to 2.2.1. If you're
> missing RCRest::CommunicationError, please upgrade.

This is really awesome stuff. But sadly, I can't seem to get rc-rest
2.2.1

$ sudo gem install rc-rest --version 2.2.1
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find rc-rest (= 2.2.1) in any repository

I just modified gem_tinderbox.rb for the time being to use
RCRest::Error instead. I'm guessing it's just a propagation issue.

Nice work, Eric!

Anyone else feel like Ruby is blazing ahead of other languages in
terms of code quality? :)
-Mat

Eric Hodel

On Jan 31, 2007, at 09:56, Mat Schaffer wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2007, at 5:12 AM, Eric Hodel wrote:
>> On Jan 31, 2007, at 01:12, Eric Hodel wrote:
>>
>>> firebrigade_api version 1.0.0 has been released!
>>
>> Oops! I forgot to bump the rc-rest version up to 2.2.1. If you're
>> missing RCRest::CommunicationError, please upgrade.
>
> This is really awesome stuff. But sadly, I can't seem to get rc-
> rest 2.2.1
>
> $ sudo gem install rc-rest --version 2.2.1
> ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
> Could not find rc-rest (= 2.2.1) in any repository
>
> I just modified gem_tinderbox.rb for the time being to use
> RCRest::Error instead. I'm guessing it's just a propagation issue.

It was a problem with the gem indexer, and moving rc-rest over to
seattlerb. All patched up now.

> Nice work, Eric!

Thanks.

> Anyone else feel like Ruby is blazing ahead of other languages in
> terms of code quality? :)

Not with that much red in the pie chart :)

Devin Mullins

Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2007, at 09:56, Mat Schaffer wrote:
>> Anyone else feel like Ruby is blazing ahead of other languages in
>> terms of code quality? :)
> Not with that much red in the pie chart :)
You know, I'd be interested to see the rcov stats...

Eric Hodel

On Jan 31, 2007, at 17:14, Devin Mullins wrote:
> Eric Hodel wrote:
>> On Jan 31, 2007, at 09:56, Mat Schaffer wrote:
>>> Anyone else feel like Ruby is blazing ahead of other languages
>>> in terms of code quality? :)
>> Not with that much red in the pie chart :)
> You know, I'd be interested to see the rcov stats...

There's no reason the Firebrigade stack couldn't support additional
tinderboxes such as an rcov tinderbox. (I'm open to the idea, too.)

Kevin

On Jan 31, 8:57 pm, Eric Hodel <drbr...@segment7.net> wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2007, at 17:14, Devin Mullins wrote:
>
> > Eric Hodel wrote:
> >> Not with that much red in the pie chart :)
> > You know, I'd be interested to see the rcov stats...
>
> There's no reason the Firebrigade stack couldn't support additional
> tinderboxes such as an rcov tinderbox. (I'm open to the idea, too.)

Nice stuff Eric.

How does one test a local gem with tinderbox?
I'd like to run it locally to debug a few gems, but the documentation
on this is a bit 'sparse'.

_Kevin

Eric Hodel

On Feb 1, 2007, at 04:45, _Kevin wrote:
> On Jan 31, 8:57 pm, Eric Hodel <drbr...@segment7.net> wrote:
>>> You know, I'd be interested to see the rcov stats...
>>
>> There's no reason the Firebrigade stack couldn't support additional
>> tinderboxes such as an rcov tinderbox. (I'm open to the idea, too.)
>
> Nice stuff Eric.
>
> How does one test a local gem with tinderbox?

run tinderbox_gem_build with the gem name and the version. I think
it picks up local gems, but I don't recall. (If not, file a bug on
the seattlerb tracker.)

> I'd like to run it locally to debug a few gems, but the documentation
> on this is a bit 'sparse'.

I'll add the names and a brief description of the two command-line
tools to the Tinderbox RDoc.

thinbluemime

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 17:59:08 +0100, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> Mason Barge wrote:
>
>> THE AMERICAN EXPERIENCE: The Crash of 1929
>> Really interesting account of the stock market from 1920-1930. It
>> ignored
>> everythign about the Great Depression except the stock market, which
>> enabled them to give a lot of depth in 90 minutes. Plus, the local PBS
>> station put it on right before a replay of Frontline's new 4-hour series
>> about the crash of 2008.
>> This is *brilliant* television and should be required viewing for every
>> economics major starting, say, 25 years from now, when everyone will
>> have
>> forgotten yet again that overheated, speculative, unregulated economies
>> are going to crash.
>> Grade: A+
>
> Since the Great Depression didn't really begin until after the market
> crashed it had no part in this story. That's what triggered the
> depression, the 20s was an era of relative prosperity for most people.
>
> But I saw it Tuesday night and yep it was really a good program.

Sounds like the Crash of '29 gets two thumbs up in here...This is right up
my alley of interest, off to download...

Mason Barge

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:59:08 -0600, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>Mason Barge wrote:
>
>> THE AMERICAN EXPERIENCE: The Crash of 1929
>>
>> Really interesting account of the stock market from 1920-1930. It ignored
>> everythign about the Great Depression except the stock market, which
>> enabled them to give a lot of depth in 90 minutes. Plus, the local PBS
>> station put it on right before a replay of Frontline's new 4-hour series
>> about the crash of 2008.
>>
>> This is *brilliant* television and should be required viewing for every
>> economics major starting, say, 25 years from now, when everyone will have
>> forgotten yet again that overheated, speculative, unregulated economies
>> are going to crash.
>>
>> Grade: A+
>
>Since the Great Depression didn't really begin until after the market
>crashed it had no part in this story. That's what triggered the
>depression, the 20s was an era of relative prosperity for most people.

Well, I'm really thinking of the parallel disaster going on in the midwest
agricultural sector. So I wanted to differentiate this as a show
concentrating on the causes of the stock market crash, as opposed to a
show about the causes of the Great Depression.

Agriculture did start to crash about 9 months after the stock market, but
the bubbles were surprisingly (and disasterously) close in terms of
chronology.

tdciago

On Apr 27, 11:52 am, Mason Barge <masonba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 30 ROCK -
> Tina Fey did a great voice impression of Audrey Meadows.  They should at
> least have put a wig on her.

I thought she did have one, with a kerchief wrapped around it. But
yes, the impression was very good. And Alec taking Ralph's empty
threats and amping them up was also funny.

> Also, terrific set for the Honeymooners bit.

Yes. It depressed me every bit as much as the original. Oh, how I
hated that apartment.