[ANN] rc-rest 2.2.0 Released

Eric Hodel

1/30/2007 5:04:00 AM

rc-rest version 2.2.0 has been released!

http://seattlerb.rubyforge.o...

This library makes it easy to implement REST-like web services APIs.

Changes:

= 2.2.0

* Moved to seattlerb rubyforge project
* Moved to p4
* Wrap communication errors in RCRest::CommunicationError

http://seattlerb.rubyforge.o...

2 Answers

R. Mark Volkmann

On Jan 29, 2007, at 11:04 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:

> rc-rest version 2.2.0 has been released!
>
> http://seattlerb.rubyforge.o...
>
> This library makes it easy to implement REST-like web services APIs.
>
> Changes:
>
> = 2.2.0
>
> * Moved to seattlerb rubyforge project
> * Moved to p4
> * Wrap communication errors in RCRest::CommunicationError
>

> http://seattlerb.rubyforge.o...

Does this currently only send get and post requests? What about put
and delete?

I understand that we can look at the gems yahoo-search, google-
geocode and geocoder-us for examples, but is their a simpler example
somewhere that demonstrates client and server pieces?

Eric Hodel

On Jan 30, 2007, at 05:39, Mark Volkmann wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2007, at 11:04 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:
>> rc-rest version 2.2.0 has been released!
>>
>> http://seattlerb.rubyforge.o...
>>
>> This library makes it easy to implement REST-like web services APIs.
>>
>> Changes:
>>
>> = 2.2.0
>>
>> * Moved to seattlerb rubyforge project
>> * Moved to p4
>> * Wrap communication errors in RCRest::CommunicationError
>>

>> http://seattlerb.rubyforge.o...
>
> Does this currently only send get and post requests? What about put
> and delete?

Adding PUT and DELETE would be super-simple. I've never needed it,
though. Give me a simple API using PUT and DELETE to wrap up and I
can add it in a few weeks time (I've got plans for other projects in
my queue). Or you can add it yourself and send me a patch. rc-
rest.rb is only 279 lines and is well-tested.

> I understand that we can look at the gems yahoo-search, google-
> geocode and geocoder-us for examples, but is their a simpler
> example somewhere that demonstrates client and server pieces?

rc-rest is client-side only. The documentation should contain enough
information to get you started on wrapping an API.

ri RCRest has a super-simple GET example in it for a fake API.