Re: Ruby << is ambiguos

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Ruby << is ambiguos"
on Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:30:17 +0900, Neville Franks <subs@surfulater.com> writes:

|Steve, in that case Emacs ruby-mode is incorrect.

Maybe Ruby is too smart for this issue, since it's difficult for
editors to determine here-doc from shift operators without serious
parsing.

matz.

1 Answer

Neville Franks

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Ruby << is ambiguos"
> on Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:30:17 +0900, Neville Franks
> <subs@surfulater.com> writes:
>
> |Steve, in that case Emacs ruby-mode is incorrect.
>
> Maybe Ruby is too smart for this issue, since it's difficult for
> editors to determine here-doc from shift operators without serious
> parsing.
>
> matz.

Matz, that's precisely the conclusion I've come to. You shouldn't make
it so hard for us folks that write editors. :-)

---
Neville Franks, http://www.g... http://www.surf...