what exactly is a controller?

libsfan01

1/29/2007 9:05:00 PM

hi im new to ROR and although i know how to work with controllers I'm
having difficulty understanding what exactly they are and why they are
used? please help enlighten me :-)

2 Answers

David Chelimsky

Googling "model view controller" will provide myriad answers.

On 1/29/07, libsfan01 <mcyi2mr3@googlemail.com> wrote:
> hi im new to ROR and although i know how to work with controllers I'm
> having difficulty understanding what exactly they are and why they are
> used? please help enlighten me :-)

manohar amrutkar

Controllers receive events from the outside world (i/p) , interact
with d model , & dispaly an appropriate view to user .

ie. transfers job to appropriate action.