executable

Rae

1/29/2007 4:10:00 PM

How do you make an executable file in Ruby? What software does one use
with it?

5 Answers

Brian Ehmann

Assuming I did not completely misunderstand what you are asking....

1) Put the following as the first line in your ruby file:
#!/usr/bin/env ruby

2) Grant execute permissions to your file with the following command:
chmod +x my_file.rb

On Jan 29, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Rae wrote:

> How do you make an executable file in Ruby? What software does one use
> with it?

andy

>> How do you make an executable file in Ruby? What software does one
>> use
>> with it?

How does one update the Ruby FAQ? Does everything have to go through
Dave?

--
Andy Lester => andy@petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance

Emmanuel Oga

Rae wrote:
> How do you make an executable file in Ruby? What software does one use
> with it?

If you wish to do an executable in windows envioment, check out

http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/....

Is not posible to compile ruby to and exe or even to bytecode (like
java's jar files), but the solution i pointed you to, generates an exe
with the interpreter plus every library your program uses into a single
exe. It works pretty well.

dblack

Rae

Thanks that's what I should have asked. The tutorial bundle only
explains how to do if you're using linux or unix.

Rae