Learn by repetition - ruby exercises and answers?

Shawn Wa...

1/26/2007 3:46:00 PM

I prefer to learn by repetition and I was wondering if there are any
Ruby exercise and answer orientated sites with lots of exercises,
starting with simple and progressing to harder.

This is what I've found so far:

http://blogs.pragprog.com/cgi-bin/pragdave.cgi/Prac... (This site
sums up exactly my thinking on learning, but looking at the problems
that don't start easy. Something for later, after I learn to program
with any skill, because at the moment I can only call myself a dabbler
who's trying to improve).

http://projecteuler.net/index.php?se... (maths orientated with a
programming problems section, the first one looked doable for me, but
not a Ruby exclusive site).

http://rub... (Most too hard for me - I need super simple to
start).

Books I am aware of are:
Ruby Cookbook (too advanced mostly)
Best of Ruby Quiz (book form of http://rub... listed above)

There are plenty of tutorial books running the beginner through Ruby,
some even have exercises, but usually only a couple at the end of each
chapter, if any. I'm after a source of hundreds of problems so I can
learn by repeatedly doing.

If you know of any sites or books close to what I'm after, and minus
what I've already listed, please post them.

Ara.T.Howard

Peter Szinek

> If you know of any sites or books close to what I'm after, and minus
> what I've already listed, please post them.

Some time ago I have solved a few exercises (15 to be exact - well some
of them have subexercises, so...) in Ruby. It's not much, but at least
it has "easier-to-harder" and "question-answer" properties you are
looking for.

http://www.rubyra.../implementing-15-exercises-for-learning-a-new-programming...

HTH,
Peter