Re: test/spec 0.3, a BDD interface for Test::Unit

Allan

1/25/2007 12:05:00 PM

On 24 Jan, 21:29, Joel VanderWerf <v...@path.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Christian Neukirchen wrote:..

> > test/spec has no dependencies outside Ruby 1.8.

> The test-spec gem does seem to depend on both FlexMock and Mocha. Not
> complaining, I would have grabbed them anyway.

Both of which (for me at least) had to be installed before test/spec:

[1807] sudo gem update
Updating installed gems...
Need to update 18 gems from http://gems.rub...
complete
Gems: [] updated
[1808] sudo gem install test-spec --source
http://chneukirchen.org/rel...
Install required dependency flexmock? [Yn]
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find flexmock (>= 0.4.1) in the repository

YMMV

Allan

4 Answers

Joel VanderWerf

Allan wrote:

> On 24 Jan, 21:29, Joel VanderWerf <v...@path.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>> Christian Neukirchen wrote:..
>
>>> test/spec has no dependencies outside Ruby 1.8.
>
>> The test-spec gem does seem to depend on both FlexMock and Mocha. Not
>> complaining, I would have grabbed them anyway.
>
> Both of which (for me at least) had to be installed before test/spec:
>
> [1807] sudo gem update
> Updating installed gems...
> Need to update 18 gems from http://gems.rub...
> complete
> Gems: [] updated
> [1808] sudo gem install test-spec --source
> http://chneukirchen.org/rel...
> Install required dependency flexmock? [Yn]
> ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
> Could not find flexmock (>= 0.4.1) in the repository

That's odd. I installed from the default source, and said "Y" to both
dependencies, and it worked.

Maybe in your case it was looking for flexmock in the chneukirchen.org
source?

Bob Harper

On 3/7/13 3:15 PM, Christopher Webber wrote:
> On 07/03/2013 20:53, Gerard wrote:
>> I've a recording of the 2 Suites d'orchestre, conducted by
>> Jean-Baptiste Mari,
>> on EMI, 45 minutes of music.
>
> I haven't, alas, and it seems hard to get hold of. The complete
> recording under Shallon is surprisingly good - though of course I am
> glad to have the Martinon selections as a bonne bouche.
>
> Piern?'s "Ramuncho" suites are really fine too - with some genuine and
> evocative Basque elements added to sweeping tunes.

I had the original LPs conducted by Mari, and was lucky enough to find
the CD a while back. He has the music in his blood, and the music's well
worth hearing.

Bob Harper

Ed Presson

"Christopher Webber" wrote in message

On 07/03/2013 20:53, Gerard wrote:
> I've a recording of the 2 Suites d'orchestre, conducted by Jean-Baptiste
> Mari,
> on EMI, 45 minutes of music.

>I haven't, alas, and it seems hard to get hold of. The complete recording
>under Shallon is surprisingly good - though of course I am glad to have the
>Martinon selections as a bonne bouche.

>Piern?'s "Ramuncho" suites are really fine too - with some genuine and
>evocative Basque elements added to sweeping tunes.

I had the Martinon and Mari recordings on LP; the Martinon was my favorite,
even though
it contained only selections. I also find the Shallon recording on Timpani
excellent, especially
the resplendent sound.

Ed Presson

Gerard

Christopher Webber <zarzuela@zarzuela.invalid.net> typed:
> On 07/03/2013 20:53, Gerard wrote:
> > I've a recording of the 2 Suites d'orchestre, conducted by
> > Jean-Baptiste Mari, on EMI, 45 minutes of music.
>
> I haven't, alas, and it seems hard to get hold of. The complete
> recording under Shallon is surprisingly good - though of course I am
> glad to have the Martinon selections as a bonne bouche.
>
> Piern?'s "Ramuncho" suites are really fine too - with some genuine and
> evocative Basque elements added to sweeping tunes.

I think that the thread I mentioned was about a very recent recording of the
Ramuntcho suites (and the piano concerto) by Bavouzet and Mena.
See:
http://www.amazon.com/Pierne-Concerto-Suites-Jean-Efflam-Bavouzet/dp/B...

Recommended.