Re: Off-topic: c language and bioinformatics

Li Chen

1/25/2007 8:27:00 AM

> I don't know about C, but there's lots of
> bioinformatics done in R,
> Ruby, Perl and Python. I can't speak about the Perl
> or Python code, but
> you can find the R bioinformatics people over at
> http://www.biocon.... BioRuby lives at
> http://www.b....
>
> --
> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP,
> NST, ACMC(P)
> http://borasky-research.blo...

Ed,

Thank you very much.

Li

Alan Dawes

In article
<d2c89dd4-8e1a-4121-bc59-5eb996bc4ef3@m9g2000pby.googlegroups.com>,
Mark S <markstenroos@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Amazon.com reviews of this recording have been universally positive.

> What's the view from rmcr from those who have heard it?

The 2 reviews on Musicweb by John Quinn and Dan Morgan are not
"universally positive" see:
http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2013/Feb13/Mahler9_Dudamel_4...
and
http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2013/Mar13/Mahler_sy9_4...

I've not heard the performance so cannot comment.

Alan

--
alan.dawes@argonet.co.uk
alan.dawes@riscos.org

Terry

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 04:51:49 +1100, Mark S wrote
(in article
<d2c89dd4-8e1a-4121-bc59-5eb996bc4ef3@m9g2000pby.googlegroups.com>):

> Amazon.com reviews of this recording have been universally positive.
>
> What's the view from rmcr from those who have heard it?

The reaction is more muted from Musicweb International.

http://tinyurl.c...

--
Cheers!

Terry

Dave Cook

On 2013-03-08, Terry <bozo@clown.invalid> wrote:
> The reaction is more muted from Musicweb International.

But what if his name was Gustavo Ratttle?
Dave Cook

wkasimer

On Mar 8, 7:29 am, Alan Dawes <alan.da...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> > Amazon.com reviews of this recording have been universally positive.
> > What's the view from rmcr from those who have heard it?
>
> The 2 reviews on Musicweb by John Quinn and Dan Morgan are not
> "universally positive" see:

> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2013/Feb13/M......
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2013/Mar13/M......

Were they actually listening to the same recording?

Bill

Alan Dawes

In article <513a0e4e$0$58715$c3e8da3$c8b7d2e6@news.astraweb.com>,
Dave Cook <davecook@nowhere.net> wrote:
> On 2013-03-08, Terry <bozo@clown.invalid> wrote:
> > The reaction is more muted from Musicweb International.

> But what if his name was Gustavo Ratttle?
> Dave Cook

See the Musicweb review by Tony Duggan of Rattle's recording with the BPO
here:
http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2008/Feb08/Mahler9_Rattle_5...

Alan

--