Off-topic: c language and bioinformatics

Li Chen

1/24/2007 6:50:00 PM

Hi all,

It is an off-topic in Ruby. But I just wonder if anyone out there knows
a website or books talking c langauge in bioinformatics or with some
simple codes to read files and processing DNA sequences?

Thanks,

Li

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Li Chen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It is an off-topic in Ruby. But I just wonder if anyone out there knows
> a website or books talking c langauge in bioinformatics or with some
> simple codes to read files and processing DNA sequences?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Li

I don't know about C, but there's lots of bioinformatics done in R,
Ruby, Perl and Python. I can't speak about the Perl or Python code, but
you can find the R bioinformatics people over at
http://www.biocon.... BioRuby lives at http://www.b....

http://borasky-research.blo...