Re: Minor Change Proposal for Classes 'Object' and 'Method'

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Minor Change Proposal for Classes 'Object' and 'Method'"
on Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:30:38 +0900, dblack@wobblini.net writes:

|I've always found it very helpful (for myself and others) to keep the
|whole sequence very visible (message sending, method lookup, method
|execution), and I think that using "receiver" as an attribute of a
|method object does a short-circuit in the terminology that makes it
|harder to explain and understand.

Hmm, OK, what terminology do you use for "this" (or self) in languages
without message passing model (e.g. C++ or Java)? That should be the
appropriate term for it. I use "receiver" for them too, since I have
strong Smalltalk influence.

matz.

2 Answers

dblack

Heinrich

"NoSpamAtAll" schreef in bericht news:k9te54$dmi$1@pcls6.std.com...

In article <50c23a45$0$1856$2e0edba0@news.tweakdsl.nl>,
Heinrich <Heinrich@Ruhrgasnet.de> wrote:

> "NoSpamAtAll" schreef in bericht news:k9tdaq$2ht$1@pcls6.std.com...

>> Are you threatening me?
>>
>> YES or NO?
>>
>> What's the matter? Afraid to answer?

> not at all

So answer already. Are you threatening me?

why should i you are behaving like a child so you are not to be taken
serious