in ``': No such file or directory - getcwd (Errno::ENOENT

amos

I'm getting this error message when I'm using the back tick method
(the one that return the stdout of a subshell command):

when my ruby runs the following a=`ls -l` it returns

No such file or directory - getcwd (Errno::ENOENT)

does someone have any idea why does it happen?

thanks,
Amos

2 Answers

Eric Hodel

On Jan 22, 2007, at 02:10, amos wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm getting this error message when I'm using the back tick method
> (the one that return the stdout of a subshell command):
>
> when my ruby runs the following a=`ls -l` it returns
>
> No such file or directory - getcwd (Errno::ENOENT)
>
> does someone have any idea why does it happen?

You deleted .

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

I LIT YOUR GEM ON FIRE!

Heinrich

"NoSpamAtAll" schreef in bericht news:k9tcm3$fjj$1@pcls6.std.com...

In article <50c2338c$0$1901$2e0edba0@news.tweakdsl.nl>,
Heinrich <Heinrich@Ruhrgasnet.de> wrote:

> i was testing you. so you are warned

Warned of what?

let me say that you must be sure that your back is covered at all times