[ANN] ograph 0.0.1 Released

Aaron Patterson

1/20/2007 11:11:00 PM

ograph version 0.0.1 has been released!

http://seattlerb.ruby...

ObjectGraph will output Graphviz dot files of your objects in memory.
It will ferret out your instance variables and enumerate over your
enumerables to give you a graph of your object and its relationships.

For sample output and more sample code see:

* http://flickr.com/photos/aaronp/tags...
* http://tenderlovem...2007/01/13/graphing-objects-in-memory-...

Changes:

== 0.0.1 / 2007-01-14

* Birthday!

http://seattlerb.ruby...

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovem...

2 Answers

Zev Blut

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:10:38 +0900, Aaron Patterson
<aaron_patterson@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> ograph version 0.0.1 has been released!
>
> http://seattlerb.ruby...
>
> ObjectGraph will output Graphviz dot files of your objects in memory.
> It will ferret out your instance variables and enumerate over your
> enumerables to give you a graph of your object and its relationships.

This is really cool! I have a long time love hate relationship with
graphviz. This is mostly due to how hard it can be to display large
graphs. If you are interested I would recommend checking out prefuse:

http://pr...

as an additional output method. It does a better job when displaying
large graphs.

Cheers,
Zev

Cons/cons