Ruby installation winders PATH issue

Ray Herbig

1/20/2007 6:07:00 PM

Hello I've installed ruby from the one click installer on a windows xp
home ed laptop. Everything works ok if I call ruby directly
c:\ruby\bin\ruby. However ruby is not making it to my path. This is
probably more of a windows problem, but perhaps someone can help. Here's
a capture of what I have...

C:\>ruby\bin\ruby -v
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i386-mswin32]
C:\>ruby
'ruby' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
C:\>path
PATH=
C:\ruby\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\ruby;C:\ruby\lib;C:\ruby\freeride;

Thanks for your assistance.
Ray

Daniel Berger

Ray Herbig wrote:
> Hello I've installed ruby from the one click installer on a windows xp
> home ed laptop. Everything works ok if I call ruby directly
> c:\ruby\bin\ruby. However ruby is not making it to my path. This is
> probably more of a windows problem, but perhaps someone can help. Here's
> a capture of what I have...
>
> C:\>ruby\bin\ruby -v
> ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i386-mswin32]
> C:\>ruby
> 'ruby' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> C:\>path
> PATH=
> C:\ruby\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\ruby;C:\ruby\lib;C:\ruby\freeride;
>

> Thanks for your assistance.
> Ray

By any chance are you using a command shell that was open before you
installed Ruby? You'll need to open a new one for the shell to pick up
the path changes.

Otherwise, I dunno what to tell you.

Dan