Re: auto assign arguments?

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: auto assign arguments?"
on Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:26:59 +0900, Daniel DeLorme <dan-ml@dan42.com> writes:

|That's interesting. Would you mind sharing your insight on why these should be
|separated?

I attached the code snippet to the last post. If it doesn't appeal
you, I don't think I can express it more clearly. I like usefulness
in Ruby, but too much implicit behavior makes our programs into
puzzles. It's matter of balance.

matz.

16 Answers

David Chelimsky

On 1/20/07, Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz@ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: auto assign arguments?"
> on Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:26:59 +0900, Daniel DeLorme <dan-ml@dan42.com> writes:
>
> |That's interesting. Would you mind sharing your insight on why these should be
> |separated?
>
> I attached the code snippet to the last post. If it doesn't appeal
> you, I don't think I can express it more clearly. I like usefulness
> in Ruby, but too much implicit behavior makes our programs into
> puzzles. It's matter of balance.

Hear, hear!!!!

I respectfully withdraw the suggestion.

Cheers,
David

> matz.

Duggy

On Apr 13, 7:10 pm, Ken Wesson <kwes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sheldon is a very flawed human being. And I'm not sure about the "human
> being" part.

The autistic are still human.

===
= DUG.
===

Captain Infinity

Once Upon A Time,
Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>The running gag about how Sheldon despised Babylon 5 cracks me up.
>In a recent episode, it was revealed that he begged TNT to cancel it.

The irony is that it was actually the Babylon 5 *fans* who wrote to TNT,
asking them to cancel the ill-conceived mutation known as "Crusade".

**
Captain Infinity

Anim8rFSK

In article <821go7d8dc6od3gtmi5i7jeo9t11afllps@4ax.com>,
Captain Infinity <Infinity@captaininfinity.us> wrote:

> Once Upon A Time,
> Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>
> >The running gag about how Sheldon despised Babylon 5 cracks me up.
> >In a recent episode, it was revealed that he begged TNT to cancel it.
>
> The irony is that it was actually the Babylon 5 *fans* who wrote to TNT,
> asking them to cancel the ill-conceived mutation known as "Crusade".

The Trek fans actually picketed Paramount trying to get them to cancel
ENTERPRISE. Which may have actually worked, given that they cut it
short *and* maneuvered Beavis and Butthead out of their contracts.

--
So we're all agreed that Clod is stupid?

Barry Margolin

In article <4f88ea96$1@news.x-privat.org>,
Ken Wesson <kwesson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 02:19:57 -0700, Duggy wrote:
>
> > On Apr 13, 7:10??pm, Ken Wesson <kwes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Sheldon is a very flawed human being. And I'm not sure about the "human
> >> being" part.
> >
> > The autistic are still human.
>
> The autistic are more like that kid in Touch than like Sheldon, as I
> recall. Besides, Sheldon's mom had him tested. ;)

He seems more like Asperger's.

--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA

Thanatos

In article <4f88ee47$1@news.x-privat.org>,
Ken Wesson <kwesson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 23:11:20 -0400, Barry Margolin wrote:
>
> > In article <4f88ea96$1@news.x-privat.org>,
> > Ken Wesson <kwesson@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> The autistic are more like that kid in Touch than like Sheldon, as I
> >> recall. Besides, Sheldon's mom had him tested. ;)
> >
> > He seems more like Asperger's.
>
> Whatever that is.

It's a mental condition.

Captain Infinity

Once Upon A Time,
Ken Wesson wrote:

>> He seems more like Asperger's.
>
>Whatever that is.

Well whatever you do, Ken, DON'T GOOGLE IT! JUST DON'T!!!

**
Captain Infinity
..."The two most common elements in the universe
are hydrogen...and stupidity." -- Harlan Ellison

Duggy

On Apr 14, 2:10 pm, Ken Wesson <kwes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Besides, Sheldon's mom had him tested.

He's not real you know.

===
= DUG.
===

Duggy

On Apr 14, 2:25 pm, Ken Wesson <kwes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Penny's also joking about his "home planet" fairly often, and I think
> there've been at least *two* occasions of someone saying "damn his Vulcan
> hearing!" after being overheard by Sheldon.

Vulcan's aren't real, you know.

===
= DUG.
===

Duggy

On Apr 14, 1:11 pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> In article <4f88ea9...@news.x-privat.org>,
>  Ken Wesson <kwes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The autistic are still human.
>
> > The autistic are more like that kid in Touch than like Sheldon, as I
> > recall. Besides, Sheldon's mom had him tested. ;)
>
> He seems more like Asperger's.

Asperger's is an Autism spectrum disorder.

===
= DUG.
===