Re: Minor Change Proposal for Classes 'Object' and 'Method'

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Minor Change Proposal for Classes 'Object' and 'Method'"
on Sat, 20 Jan 2007 03:05:10 +0900, Kalman Noel <invalid@gmx.net> writes:

|Wolfgang Nádasi-Donner:
|> One question is open for 'myhi.receiver # => #<Hugo:0xb7d5ff40>'.
|>
|> First, the format requires a pattern matching on the result, if the object-id
|> ist needed only.
|
|May you elaborate? Where do you need pattern matching here?

I think he supposed receiver returns above string, but it doesn't. It
returns the object reference. If you need object-id, you can get it
from

myhi.receiver.object_id

matz.

1 Answer

WoNáDo

Yukihiro Matsumoto schrieb:
> I think he supposed receiver returns above string, but it doesn't. It
> returns the object reference. If you need object-id, you can get it
> from
>
> myhi.receiver.object_id

I see - I thought it is a string, sorry.

Wolfgang Nádasi-Donner