Re: help me..Urgent...

Jano Svitok

1/17/2007 9:38:00 AM

On 1/17/07, Anjum Pathan <anjum.pathan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all...
> PLZ help me
> I am new to both ruby and rails.
> I was trying to install rails on My FC5 machine but it didn't succeed...
>
> I have successfully installed latest version of Ruby on my machine, and Gems
> too....
> When I use command
> "gem install rails --include-dependencies"
> I get following error...
>
> "ERROR: While executing gem ... (SocketError)
> getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name resolution "
>
> Can anybody solve my problem as early as possible????
>
> Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

it's either that (1) you have a network problem, or that (2) rubyforge
gems are currently disabled due to security problem (see the long
thread about poisoned hoe for details). I don't know whether this has
been already resolved.

1 Answer

Tom Copeland

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 18:38 +0900, Jan Svitok wrote:
> it's either that (1) you have a network problem, or that (2) rubyforge
> gems are currently disabled due to security problem (see the long
> thread about poisoned hoe for details). I don't know whether this has
> been already resolved.

Gems are still working, it's just that since Sunday new gems are not
being deployed. Hopefully I will be able to fix this today.

Yours,

Tom