Re: help me..Urgent...

David and Sharon Phillips

1/17/2007 8:30:00 AM

> This is often a sign your internet access is through a proxy server.
> I've not worked out how to get gem to bypass this, but I did find I
> could download and save the gems to the local machine (not sure of
> url, but there is a place that makes all gems available in the one
> spot).
>
> After you've downloaded them, run gem install from the directory
> you have saved the gems to.
> You are likely to get an error indicating a required dependency not
> found. Note the dependency, download it and try again.
> Messy, but it works. It's quite likely someone has a nicer solution.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave
>
> On 17/01/2007, at 5:33 PM, Anjum Pathan wrote:
>
>> Hi all...
>> PLZ help me
>> I am new to both ruby and rails.
>> I was trying to install rails on My FC5 machine but it didn't
>> succeed...
>>
>> I have successfully installed latest version of Ruby on my
>> machine, and Gems
>> too....
>> When I use command
>> "gem install rails --include-dependencies"
>> I get following error...
>>
>> "ERROR: While executing gem ... (SocketError)
>> getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name resolution "
>>
>> Can anybody solve my problem as early as possible????
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> AnJuM PaThAn

2 Answers

Jean Helou

To make gem work through a proxy all you have to do is :
export http_proxy="http://<proxy_address>:<proxy_port>/"

in the shell before you run the gem command. I might be completely
wrong but it looks like a DNS problem more than a proxy problem to me.

cheers
jean

On 1/17/07, Sharon Phillips <phillipsds@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > This is often a sign your internet access is through a proxy server.
> > I've not worked out how to get gem to bypass this, but I did find I
> > could download and save the gems to the local machine (not sure of
> > url, but there is a place that makes all gems available in the one
> > spot).
> >
> > After you've downloaded them, run gem install from the directory
> > you have saved the gems to.
> > You are likely to get an error indicating a required dependency not
> > found. Note the dependency, download it and try again.
> > Messy, but it works. It's quite likely someone has a nicer solution.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dave
> >
> > On 17/01/2007, at 5:33 PM, Anjum Pathan wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all...
> >> PLZ help me
> >> I am new to both ruby and rails.
> >> I was trying to install rails on My FC5 machine but it didn't
> >> succeed...
> >>
> >> I have successfully installed latest version of Ruby on my
> >> machine, and Gems
> >> too....
> >> When I use command
> >> "gem install rails --include-dependencies"
> >> I get following error...
> >>
> >> "ERROR: While executing gem ... (SocketError)
> >> getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name resolution "
> >>
> >> Can anybody solve my problem as early as possible????
> >>
> >> Thanks & Regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> AnJuM PaThAn

Captain Compassion

On 08 Jan 2012 06:29:48 GMT, rfischer@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>Captain Compassion <daranc@NOSPAMcharter.net> wrote:

>>>The law states that homes are owned by the individuals, not by the
>>>banks. Banks own the mortgages. A mortgage is not a house.
>>
>>You might want to look up the legal definition of a lien.
>
>You should have done that yourself. You would have looked less
>foolish.
>
> lien
> A right given to another by the owner of property to secure a
> debt, or one created by law in favor of certain creditors.
> http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionar...
>
>"By the owner of the property" - that's the homeowner.
>"to another" - that's the bank.
>"to secure a debt" - the mortgage.

Put it all together this means that the lien holder has a right to the
ownership of the property if the "owner" does not meet their
obligation. Not all liens are mortgages. Not all lien holders are
banks. Not all liens are given by the "owner".

--
"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our
homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. -- Marcus Aurelius

"...the whole world, including the United States, including all that
we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark
Age, made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights
of perverted science." -- Sir Winston Churchill

Joseph R. Darancette
daranc@NOSPAMcharter.net