RubyForge website

S. Robert James

1/16/2007 4:13:00 PM

A lot of projects in RubyForge have no website, other than the
"Hopefully coming soon..." message. Might I suggest that the site
default to the RDoc of that gem (or gems)?

Advantages:
* Every project has a site letting you know what it does (sometimes
there is next to no info on the project page).
* Encourages developers to keep the RDoc up to date
* The most common site that projects do have is simply their RDoc. So,
we've removed one step for all of those projects.

Disadvantages:
* Requires a little processing on the rubyforge server (to extract the
RDoc)