Rubyforge uploading and docs

gga

1/16/2007 8:04:00 AM

I'm wondering what are people using to upload rubyforge projects.
I'm basically looking for something that will easily allow me to upload
the ri documentation into rubyforge (this is a pain to do manually,
afaik).

5 Answers

Andrea Fazzi

gga wrote:
> I'm wondering what are people using to upload rubyforge projects.
> I'm basically looking for something that will easily allow me to upload
> the ri documentation into rubyforge (this is a pain to do manually,
> afaik).

Take a look at:

http://xforge.ruby...

--
Andrea Fazzi @ Alca Societa' Cooperativa
Servizi di Informatica Libera

Lecce - Italy
http://a...

billmcn

The Ruby Cookbook (http://www.oreilly.com/catalog...) has a
chapter on rakefiles that contains a useful generic Ruby project
rakefile that, among other things, automates the task of uploading
documentation to Rubyforge.

gga wrote:
> I'm wondering what are people using to upload rubyforge projects.
> I'm basically looking for something that will easily allow me to upload
> the ri documentation into rubyforge (this is a pain to do manually,
> afaik).

Jano Svitok

On 1/16/07, gga <GGarramuno@aol.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering what are people using to upload rubyforge projects.
> I'm basically looking for something that will easily allow me to upload
> the ri documentation into rubyforge (this is a pain to do manually,
> afaik).

aren't hoe and rubyforge gems just for this purpose?

http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
http://rubyforge.org/projects/code...

Tom Copeland

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 17:05 +0900, gga wrote:
> I'm wondering what are people using to upload rubyforge projects.
> I'm basically looking for something that will easily allow me to upload
> the ri documentation into rubyforge (this is a pain to do manually,
> afaik).

You can use rsync to transfer a directory tree up to your virtual host.

Yours,

Tom

Eric Hodel

On Jan 16, 2007, at 13:15, Jan Svitok wrote:

> On 1/16/07, gga <GGarramuno@aol.com> wrote:
>> I'm wondering what are people using to upload rubyforge projects.
>> I'm basically looking for something that will easily allow me to
>> upload
>> the ri documentation into rubyforge (this is a pain to do manually,
>> afaik).
>
> aren't hoe and rubyforge gems just for this purpose?
>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/code...

Pretty much.

$ rake -T
(in /Users/drbrain/Work/p4/zss/src/memcache-client/dev)
[...]
rake publish_docs # Publish RDoc to RubyForge
[...]

Even uses rsync to keep things clean and fast.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

I LIT YOUR GEM ON FIRE!