ruby syntax coloring in emacs

Colin Brander

1/16/2007 3:00:00 AM

Hi. Could someone please explain how to get ruby syntax coloring in
emacs? I'm running Mac OS X and I'm sort of new to emacs in general (I
know how to use a few emacs key bindings, but I don't really know
anything about elisp files). Thanks!

Chris Lowis

Colin Brander wrote:
> Hi. Could someone please explain how to get ruby syntax coloring in
> emacs? I'm running Mac OS X and I'm sort of new to emacs in general (I
> know how to use a few emacs key bindings, but I don't really know
> anything about elisp files). Thanks!

I think Carbon Emacs and AquaMacs both bundle the ruby-mode. So you
should get syntax highlighting out of the box. You might need :
(global-font-lock-mode t)

in your .emacs (or set using M-x customize-variable RET
global-font-lock-mode ).

Regards,

Chris