install ruby offline with openssl

Ye Huang

1/14/2007 7:43:00 AM

Hi, all:
I know this is an old problem, but I still feel puzzled about it.
After I installed ruby in my computer, I found openssl is not available,
here's the details:
I have two linux machines, one with Ubuntu6.06 and anther with SuSE10.0,
further more, I have a windows machine with windows XP.

I tried several times. Once I installed ruby in windows and gem install
rails, I could always find openssl.rb and openssl folder in my path,
which enable me use net/http very easily.

But I don't get why once I installed ruby1.8.4 into my SuSE with a
download package, I can find openssl.rb and openssl directory in
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8; further more, once I tried to install ruby1.8.5
into my ubuntu, I encounter the same problem?!

I have read some solution with ubuntu, using "apt-get install
libssl-dev" or something else, I don't know whether that's because the
earthquake in Taiwan channel , I can't connect to ubuntu update server
very well, meanwhile this online solution won't solve the same problem
in SuSE.

So I wonder if I have to download some standalone ruby language packages
and install ruby offline, how could I make it support openssl as
well.(or did i missed some parameters while configure or make??)

Thanks very much!!

ye

Ye Huang

I think this could be described in one word, how could i install ruby
additional libraries with a download package.

The Revd

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:17:30 +0100, "Heinrich"
<Heinrich@Ruhrgasnet.de> wrote:

>"The Revd" schreef in bericht
>
>On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:02:15 +0100, "Heinrich"
><Heinrich@Ruhrgasnet.de> wrote:
>
>>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224386/Fears-new-immigration-surge-Bulgarians-Romanians-Britain-borders...
>
>It's a gipsy invasion! 'Holocausting'?? required!
>
>until now holland is the only country of the eu countries that opposes the
>entry of those two countries in the schengen area. brussels is doing
>everything in its power, even blackmail, to arrange that holland withdraws
>its objections

That would be a BIG mistake. The gypsies need to be fenced in. They
should never have been allowed to join the EU. Just like Grease.

The Peeler

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:17:30 +0100, Dumb Heini, the heavily medicated Dutch
resident Nazi troll and laughing stock of sci and scj, wrote:

>>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224386/Fears-new-immigration-surge-Bulgarians-Romanians-Britain-borders...
>
> It's a gipsy invasion! 'Holocausting'????? required!
>
> until now holland is the only country of the eu countries that opposes the
> entry of those two countries in the schengen area. brussels is doing
> everything in its power, even blackmail, to arrange that holland withdraws
> its objections

Well, no suprise, as poor Holland already has to feed all it's bi-polar
unemployable lazy stay-at-homes, like you!

--
Dumb Heini listing his medication:
"haldol, lithium, risperdal and an extra dosis of citalopram"