[ANN] hoe 1.1.7 Released

Ryan Davis

1/10/2007 9:13:00 PM

hoe version 1.1.7 has been released!

http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
ryand-ruby@zenspider.com

Hoe is a simple rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It
generates all the usual tasks for projects including rdoc generation,
testing, packaging, and deployment.

Tasks Provided:

* announce - Generate email announcement file and post to
rubyforge.
* audit - Run ZenTest against the package
* check_manifest - Verify the manifest
* clean - Clean up all the extras
* debug_gem - Show information about the gem.
* default - Run the default tasks
* docs - Build the docs HTML Files
* email - Generate email announcement file.
* install - Install the package. Uses PREFIX and RUBYLIB
* install_gem - Install the package as a gem
* multi - Run the test suite using multiruby
* package - Build all the packages
* post_news - Post announcement to rubyforge.
* publish_docs - Publish RDoc to RubyForge
* release - Package and upload the release to rubyforge.
* ridocs - Generate ri locally for testing
* test - Run the test suite. Use FILTER to add to the
command line.
* test_deps - Show which test files fail when run alone.
* uninstall - Uninstall the package.

See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe

Changes:

= 1.1.7 2007-01-10

* extra_deps is now self-healing, and ensures no (direct) cycles.
* cleans check_manifest for CVS projects.
* rubyforge changes for config.
* Now uses rsync for publish_docs. YAY for fast!
* Bug #7193 fix spelling of 'synopsys'. Submitted by Jacob Atzen.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
ryand-ruby@zenspider.com

4 Answers

Giles Bowkett

I'm glad this project's name comes from an analogy to rake. When I
first saw it, I imagined something quite different. I think I've been
listening to too much rap.

--
Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesg...

On 1/10/07, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby@zenspider.com> wrote:
> hoe version 1.1.7 has been released!
>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
> http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
> ryand-ruby@zenspider.com
>
> Hoe is a simple rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It
> generates all the usual tasks for projects including rdoc generation,
> testing, packaging, and deployment.
>
> Tasks Provided:
>
> * announce - Generate email announcement file and post to
> rubyforge.
> * audit - Run ZenTest against the package
> * check_manifest - Verify the manifest
> * clean - Clean up all the extras
> * debug_gem - Show information about the gem.
> * default - Run the default tasks
> * docs - Build the docs HTML Files
> * email - Generate email announcement file.
> * install - Install the package. Uses PREFIX and RUBYLIB
> * install_gem - Install the package as a gem
> * multi - Run the test suite using multiruby
> * package - Build all the packages
> * post_news - Post announcement to rubyforge.
> * publish_docs - Publish RDoc to RubyForge
> * release - Package and upload the release to rubyforge.
> * ridocs - Generate ri locally for testing
> * test - Run the test suite. Use FILTER to add to the
> command line.
> * test_deps - Show which test files fail when run alone.
> * uninstall - Uninstall the package.
>
> See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe
>
> Changes:
>
> = 1.1.7 2007-01-10
>
> * extra_deps is now self-healing, and ensures no (direct) cycles.
> * cleans check_manifest for CVS projects.
> * rubyforge changes for config.
> * Now uses rsync for publish_docs. YAY for fast!
> * Bug #7193 fix spelling of 'synopsys'. Submitted by Jacob Atzen.
>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
> http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
> ryand-ruby@zenspider.com

James Gray

On Jan 12, 2007, at 1:04 AM, Giles Bowkett wrote:

> I'm glad this project's name comes from an analogy to rake. When I
> first saw it, I imagined something quite different. I think I've been
> listening to too much rap.

There was a very funny movie about this in the hoe introduction at
RubyConf.

James Edward Gray II

Bil Kleb

Giles Bowkett wrote:
> I'm glad this project's name comes from an analogy to rake. When I
> first saw it, I imagined something quite different. I think I've been
> listening to too much rap.

See Ryan's RubyConf06 slides:

[Wait! They're not up at http://www.zenspider.com/Langu...]

Ryan, What's up?

Regards,
--
Bil Kleb

Ryan Davis

On Jan 12, 2007, at 5:10 AM, Bil Kleb wrote:

> Giles Bowkett wrote:
>> I'm glad this project's name comes from an analogy to rake. When I
>> first saw it, I imagined something quite different. I think I've been
>> listening to too much rap.
>
> See Ryan's RubyConf06 slides:
>
> [Wait! They're not up at http://www.zenspider.com/Langu...]
>
> Ryan, What's up?

Only one person sent me anything... so I didn't bother. Chad and/or
David were supposed to ping the presenters. I'd love to put the
slides up. I'll write rubytalk asking for them.