Ruby + Glade

Luis Felipe Strano Moraes

1/10/2007 10:38:00 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows about a tutorial
which explains how to use ruby and glade.

I searched on google and the archives of this mailing
list as well as I could, but I haven't found much.

--lf

--
"What comes and goes within those dull, dry pair of eyes
What he lost, what he gained ...

3 Answers

Farrel Lifson

On 10/01/07, Luis Felipe Strano Moraes <luis.strano@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows about a tutorial
> which explains how to use ruby and glade.
>
> I searched on google and the archives of this mailing
> list as well as I could, but I haven't found much.

I don't know if there are any tutorials but I looked through the code
of Grism (http://www...) - a stock tracker app written in Ruby
and using Glade - and I learnt quite a bit.

Farrel

RaW

Luis Felipe Strano Moraes napisaÅ?(a):

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Ruby%...

--
RaW

Cam

hi luis,

On 1/10/07, Luis Felipe Strano Moraes <luis.strano@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows about a tutorial
> which explains how to use ruby and glade.

the ruby binding to libglade comes w/ several examples (on my debian
box they're stored under /usr/share/doc/libglade2-ruby/examples.
basically it's super-intuitive though. you just load your
glade-interface file into a variable w/ GladeXML.new and then that
variable acts as a hash that you access all your widgets from.

good luck,
cam