The Volkswagen Ruby: Beetle Happiness

Erik Veenstra

1/5/2007 11:25:00 PM

It's OT, but, well, it _could_ have been about Ruby and its
"multi-paradigm freedom": Do it the way _you_ want. You're
free! Enjoy! Be happy!

http://damienkatz.net/2007/01/the_volks...

;]

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

1 Answer

Tazmanian Devil

"Clint Hunter" <ciceroii@rogers.com> wrote in message
> On Jun 27, 8:38 am, b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:
>> | On 22 June the US military announced that its attack helicopters,
>> | armed with missiles, engaged and killed 17 al-Qaeda gunmen who had
>> | been trying to infiltrate the village of al-Khalis, north of Baquba,
>> | where operation "Arrowhead Ripper" had been under way for the
>> | previous three days.
>> |
>> | The item was duly carried by international news agencies and
>> | received widespread coverage, including on the BBC News website.
>> |
>> | But villagers in largely-Shia al-Khalis say that those who died had
>> | nothing to do with al-Qaeda. They say they were local village guards
>> | trying to protect the township from exactly the kind of attack by
>> | insurgents the US military says it foiled.
>> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/62398...
>>
>> --bks
>
> These Muslim "civilians" always say that. What evidence do they offer
> as proof?

Uh, I'd say that the "burden of proof" is on the killers.