mini-contest: eigenclass.org "Happy 2007!" Ruby challenge (2007-01-06 20H UTC

Mauricio Fernández

1/5/2007 12:51:00 PM

http://eige.../rubycha...

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find the secret message
hidden in a Ruby script, follow the instructions to generate the code that
will prove you've found the message, and report it via eigenclass.org (more
details at the above address).

Here's what people had to say about a similar puzzle I made last year:

Wow, I'm really impressed. That was a tough (and fun) puzzle.
-- Kevin Ballard

Thanks Mauricio, you made my day!
-- olivier

My head hurts. Took me nearly two hours
-- aniero

How long will it take?
======================
Anything from a few minutes (say 20 minutes if you're having a good day and
aren't easily scared off by tricky Ruby code, but I cannot really tell, it
might take a few hours this time) to several hours. Many will give up before,
though :-)

If I do well, can I add it to my CV?
====================================
If you've also mentioned your MUDCRAP-CE (issued by Zed A. Shaw, MUDCRAP-CE
Master Black Belt Sifu), you might add it to the honors and awards section.

--
Mauricio Fernandez - http://eige... - singular Ruby

8 Answers

Brown Sugar

On 15/05/2013 05:41, Rev. Don Kool wrote:
> On 5/12/2013 2:19 PM, Alias wrote:
>> On 5/12/2013 8:17 PM, Rev. Don Kool wrote:
>>>
>>> 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any
>>> thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that
>>> is in the water under the earth.
>>>
>>> 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the
>>> Lord thy God.
>>>
>>> 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my
>>> commandments.
>>>

>> Yes not one single Christian can keep the commandments, not even your
>> baby selling pope.
>>

> He isn't my pope. The Roman Catholic Church has corrupted Christianity.

Not just them, sadly but they are the worst.

Alias

On 5/15/2013 6:41 AM, Rev. Don Kool wrote:
> On 5/12/2013 2:19 PM, Alias wrote:
>> On 5/12/2013 8:17 PM, Rev. Don Kool wrote:
>>>
>>> 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any
>>> thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that
>>> is in the water under the earth.
>>>
>>> 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the
>>> Lord thy God.
>>>
>>> 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my
>>> commandments.
>>>

>> Yes not one single Christian can keep the commandments, not even your
>> baby selling pope.
>>

> He isn't my pope. The Roman Catholic Church has corrupted Christianity.

Yet now one single Christian of any flavor can keep the commandments. Is
that better, hypocrite?

--
Alias

Jack Daniels

On 5/15/2013 5:43 AM, Alias wrote:
> On 5/15/2013 6:41 AM, Rev. Don Kool wrote:

>>> Yes not one single Christian can keep the commandments, not even your
>>> baby selling pope.
>>>

>> He isn't my pope. The Roman Catholic Church has corrupted
>> Christianity.
>>

> Yet now one single Christian of any flavor can keep the commandments. Is
> that better, hypocrite?

Why are you so angry at God? I am but a messenger.

Which commandments are troublesome for you?

I am the Lord, your God.
Thou shall bring no false idols before me.
Do not take the name of the Lord in vain.
Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
Honor thy father and thy mother.
Thou shall not kill/murder?.
Thou shall not commit adultery.
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
Thou shall not covet your neighbor's wife

--
Saving the world one soul at a time.
Don

Alias

On 5/16/2013 7:55 AM, Rev. Don Kool wrote:
> On 5/15/2013 5:43 AM, Alias wrote:

>>> He isn't my pope. The Roman Catholic Church has corrupted
>>> Christianity.
>>>

>> Yet now one single Christian of any flavor can keep the commandments. Is
>> that better, hypocrite?
>>
> Why are you so angry at God?

One, I am not angry and two, how can anyone get angry with something
that doesn't exist?

I am but a messenger.

No, you, sir, are a fool.

> Which commandments are troublesome for you?
>
> I am the Lord, your God.
> Thou shall bring no false idols before me.
> Do not take the name of the Lord in vain.
> Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
> Honor thy father and thy mother.
> Thou shall not kill/murder?.
> Thou shall not commit adultery.
> Thou shall not steal.
> Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
> Thou shall not covet your neighbor's wife

None and that's not my point. My point is that Christians cannot obey them.

--
Alias

Jack Daniels

On 5/16/2013 4:56 AM, Brown Sugar wrote:
> On 16/05/2013 06:55, Rev. Don Kool wrote:

>>> Yet now one single Christian of any flavor can keep the commandments. Is
>>> that better, hypocrite?
>>>
>> Why are you so angry at God? I am but a messenger.
>>
>> Which commandments are troublesome for you?
>>
>> I am the Lord, your God.
> Is not a commandment but an assertion.
>> Thou shall bring no false idols before me.
> Ambigious
>> Do not take the name of the Lord in vain.
> Whcih lord?
>> Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
> Which sabbath? there are several.
>> Honor thy father and thy mother.
>> Thou shall not kill/murder?.
> Ambigious
>> Thou shall not commit adultery.
> Ambigious
>> Thou shall not steal.
>> Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
> Those last two condemn all politicians to hell :)
>
>> Thou shall not covet your neighbor's wife
>
> I thought it was "Ox".

In some cultures they are interchangeable.

--

On 23/05/2013 22:04, Rev. Don Kool wrote:
> On 5/16/2013 4:56 AM, Brown Sugar wrote:

>>> Why are you so angry at God? I am but a messenger.
>>>
>>> Which commandments are troublesome for you?
>>>
>>> I am the Lord, your God.
>> Is not a commandment but an assertion.
>>> Thou shall bring no false idols before me.
>> Ambigious
>>> Do not take the name of the Lord in vain.
>> Whcih lord?
>>> Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
>> Which sabbath? there are several.
>>> Honor thy father and thy mother.
>>> Thou shall not kill/murder?.
>> Ambigious
>>> Thou shall not commit adultery.
>> Ambigious
>>> Thou shall not steal.
>>> Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
>> Those last two condemn all politicians to hell :)
>>
>>> Thou shall not covet your neighbor's wife
>>
>> I thought it was "Ox".
>>>
> In some cultures they are interchangeable.

Understandable given my first wife.

Jack Daniels

On 5/23/2013 7:44 PM, Brown Sugar wrote:
> On 23/05/2013 22:04, Rev. Don Kool wrote:

>>> Is not a commandment but an assertion.
>>> Ambigious
>>> Whcih lord?
>>> Which sabbath? there are several.
>>> Ambigious
>>> Ambigious
>>> Those last two condemn all politicians to hell :)

>>> I thought it was "Ox".
>>>>
>> In some cultures they are interchangeable.
>>

> Understandable given my first wife.

Just another adventure in this strange eventful farce called life.

--

On 24/05/2013 07:42, Rev. Don Kool wrote:
> On 5/23/2013 7:44 PM, Brown Sugar wrote:

>>> In some cultures they are interchangeable.
>>>

>> Understandable given my first wife.
>>

> Just another adventure in this strange eventful farce called life.

Makes life interesting.
:)