Re: Ruby library for DTMF detection

Jano Svitok

1/4/2007 11:13:00 PM

On 1/4/07, Nasir Khan <rubylearner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking for a Ruby library for simple DTMF tone detection. It would be
> presented with an audio-file / continuous-stream and it should detect DTMF
> tones in it.
> Is there one already available somewhere?

If you couldn't find anything, try looking for any library that does
it (i.e. it will most probably be written in C/C++) and then look for
ruby bindings. Try looking around Asterisk (Open source PBX software),
they might have such functionality - have look at what they use.

If you could find a command line version, then audio file recognition
would be possible using `` or Kernel#system.