a different approach to solving the abandoned project problem

pat eyler

1/4/2007 9:37:00 PM

Due to some recent issues around abandoned projects in
the ruby community, I've been thinking about project
continuation in the context of Free/Open Source software
hosted on RubyForge (and by extension SourceForge,
Savannah, etc.). I think I've come up with a good appoach
for protecting the hosting providers from legal issues,
while still providing a mechanism to let projects continue
after their owners have disappeared -- a directive (like a
living will or advance health care directive).

I've posted an initial cut of my idea at my blog:
http://on-ruby.bl.../2007/01/abandoned-projects-bus-proofin...
--
thanks,
-pate

3 Answers

NEMO

You're a total nutter, bonkers!

NoSpamAtAll

In article <afd1f558-d9b4-4435-9c27-f7adf1ab283e@n16g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
Carolina Reb <walt.hampton@att.net> wrote:

> "Only one solution...the Brazen Bull!"

Worked for Hamburg: http://tinyurl....

Worked for Goebbels: http://schikelgruber.net/images/go...

And... will work for the old nazoid cockroach!

Carolina Reb

On Oct 8, 3:52 pm, NoSpamAtAll <spam...@not.home> wrote:

> And...

....you will make beautiful music in the Bull, Yidboy.