Re: unsubscribe

Austin Ziegler

1/4/2007 2:52:00 PM

On 1/4/07, David Phillips <davidp9242a@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's BROKEN. I've tried this many times, in many ways.

Unsubscription isn't actually broken; there are feature limits. One of
those may be that your mail client sends messages in quoted-printable
format (I checked this against the original format in gmail) as
opposed to simple plain ASCII. I know that people who use gmail have
had problems when they send their messages in UTF-8 because the
messages are encoded base64.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...
* austin@halostatue.ca * http://www.halo...feed/

2 Answers

Bertram Scharpf

Am Donnerstag, 04. Jan 2007, 23:52:06 +0900 schrieb Austin Ziegler:
> On 1/4/07, David Phillips <davidp9242a@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >It's BROKEN. I've tried this many times, in many ways.
>
> Unsubscription isn't actually broken; there are feature limits. One of
> those may be that your mail client sends messages in quoted-printable
> format (I checked this against the original format in gmail) as
> opposed to simple plain ASCII.

irb(main):001:0> "=5f=2e=3a=2a=49=2a=3a=2e=5f".unpack "M*"
=> ["_.:*I*:._"]

> I know that people who use gmail have
> had problems when they send their messages in UTF-8 because the
> messages are encoded base64.

irb(main):002:0> "Xy46KkkqOi5f".unpack "m*"
=> ["_.:*I*:._"]

Or just call (<http://opensource.bertram-scharpf.de/sites/cr...):

mymessage.decoded =~ /.../u

Regarding multipart messages (untested):

class Cropmail::Message
def body_matches re
if is_multipart? then
each { |p,invisible| # invisible is preamble or epilogue
return p.body_matches re unless invisible
}
else
decoded =~ re

mymessage.body_matches /.../u

Time for a Ruby ML Server?

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf
Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany

Checkmate

Checkmate!

First, check out what Friendly Neighborhood Vote Wrangler {One Of Four}
said:

> Time to spin up the kooks again. Melt, kooks, melt. <snicker>
>
> Dave, A Coward (aka cipher), in <news:k4rl00$osk$1@dont-email.me> did
> thusly write:
>
> > On 10/07/2012 12:25 AM, The Revd erected the following steaming pile
> > for posterity and posted thusly :

> >> No, there weren't. I don't do jew links.

> >> The Anti-Defecation League of B'nai B'ris is full of shit and so are
> >> you.
> >
> > You are not a real Jew Hating Nazi, but rather a common troll. You're
> > not passing the test, missing the metric widely.
> >
> > Shame, I thought I had an interesting Nazi Pathology to study. Kudos
> > tho for the effort, I usually spot the Fake Nazi Trolls a few steps
> > earlier in my tests, you did better than most. I suppose that alone
> > makes you a noteworthy failure. Perhaps I shall still include you in
> > the study, possibly as a footnote...
>
> Oh great, another illucid fuckwit doing a 'study'.

Really! What next... they start asking people for grants like Munky Gurl
does? I wonder if her resume mentions anything about her 'tetrarchy'
"membership" and her sekrit code skillz?

--
Checkmate
KotAGoR XXXIV

A new revelation from David Keeting the Assworm:

"there's not much you can tell me about the boner that i don't know
already."

Uncle Steve learns about pigs:

<US> How much money have you spent paying off the PIGS?

<CM> The pigs have no use for money. They're content to eat table scraps
and forage for truffles.

<US> I keep forgetting you've been doing this for so long that it's easy
for you. I can't wait to piss on your grave.

Regards,
Uncle Steve

[tard] Phoenix swallows the hook, the line, the sinker, and half of the
pole:

<CM> Watch the stupid cunt ask what 1337 means...

<JD> That is exactly what I am expecting.

<CM> ROT 1337... it'll make you dizzy!

<Tard> Did... did you just tell someone to attempt to ROT-13 *numbers*,
you Clueless Newbie of the Month candidate?

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Even when we warned him first, he still fell for it!