openssl on windows

Chris Catton

1/3/2007 4:01:00 PM

I need to use openssl on a windows box to validate a SHA512 signature.
The current version of the ruby one-click installer comes packaged with
OpenSSL version 0.9.7b, which does not support SHA512. Does anyone know
of plans to upgrade to version 0.9.8, or has anyone managed to find a
windows binary that can be used in place of the installed exe and dlls?

Many thanks
Chris

Rich Hutnik

On Sep 6, 5:39 pm, EFill4Zaggin <EFill4Zag...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:56:58 -0700, Rich Hutnik <getr...@1upandup.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sep 6, 2:48 pm, "simple_langu...@yahoo.com"
> ><simple_langu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> 58% of Iranians would support a foreign military action aimed at
> >> regime change. source:http://globalpolitician.com/articledes.asp?ID=3391&cid=11&...
>
> >This time around, the large majority of people are aware that drums of
> >war are being beaten.
>
> >- Rich
>
> If you're referring to Iraq as the previous time, everyone knew what
> was coming then too.

Yes, but they marched lockstep with it (I know, I was one). This
time, it isn't here. People are aware of what is bull. They are
tired of America on the march here getting troops killed.

- Rich

EFill4Zaggin

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 20:01:16 -0700, Rich Hutnik <getrich@1upandup.com>
wrote:

>On Sep 6, 5:39 pm, EFill4Zaggin <EFill4Zag...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:56:58 -0700, Rich Hutnik <getr...@1upandup.com>
>> wrote:

>> >This time around, the large majority of people are aware that drums of
>> >war are being beaten.
>>
>> >- Rich
>>
>> If you're referring to Iraq as the previous time, everyone knew what
>> was coming then too.
>
>Yes, but they marched lockstep with it (I know, I was one). This
>time, it isn't here. People are aware of what is bull. They are
>tired of America on the march here getting troops killed.
>
>- Rich

The thing this time though is that a war with Iran would be from the
air mostly, if not exclusively, so the Bush administration may try and
sell the proposition by saying "no troops will die in a war with
Iran".