Re: address server

Frederic Jean

1/2/2007 8:00:00 PM

I'm going to make the assumption that we are talking about a Rails app. The
easiest way I found was to call request.host_with_port within a controller
or a view. This will return the host name and the port number (if provided).

I use this approach to figure out which Google Maps api key to use in my
application (one for development work, another one for the "production"
site).

There is a very active mailing list for Ruby on Rails. You can get details
on how to subscribe by going to
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-... .

Hope this helps.

Fred

--
Frederic Jean
fred@fredjean.net

1 Answer

marco

Frederic Jean wrote:
> I'm going to make the assumption that we are talking about a Rails app. The
> easiest way I found was to call request.host_with_port within a controller
> or a view. This will return the host name and the port number (if provided).
>
> I use this approach to figure out which Google Maps api key to use in my
> application (one for development work, another one for the "production"
> site).
Me too. This was my trouble.

> There is a very active mailing list for Ruby on Rails. You can get details
> on how to subscribe by going to
> http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-... .
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Fred

I find this method "request.env" who return a hash of all information :
request.env["SERVER_NAME"] and ["SERVER_PORT"]

Thank for your helps
Marco