Re: ruby for SCO

Overdorf, Sam

1/2/2007 7:06:00 PM

Don't need perl SCO has a current version of that.
I would appreciate taking a peek at your Tru64 stuff.
Thanks,
Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Edward (Ed) Borasky [mailto:znmeb@cesmail.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:47 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: ruby for SCO

Overdorf, Sam wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.
> It sounds like I have my work cut out for me.
> Sam

I once did a full toolset build of GCC and friends on Tru64 UNIX -- I
can poke around and see if I still have the scripts. Essentially, IIRC
the first thing you need to build is GNU make, then the core tools and
bin tools, then gcc itself. Finally, you put the whole enchilada at the
head of your PATH and build applications, like Ruby. The GNU "configure"

program should be able to work things out for you unless SCO, in their
infinite nastiness, has put things into their code to thwart you.

BTW my scripts also built Perl -- do you need that too?

Ed ("There's no business like SCO business") Borasky

http://borasky-research.blo...

If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given
rabbits fire.