Re: Can't post to Rails form

Gavin Kistner

1/2/2007 4:32:00 PM

From: Yitzhak Bar Geva
> I can't post to the Rails forum. Every time I try, I get:
> Application error (Rails)

Try:
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyon...

1 Answer

Anim8rFSK

In article <jjj7c4$qoa$2@news.albasani.net>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> anim8rFSK <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> >"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
> >>A while back, I rewatched It Takes A Thief, even caught a few episodes
> >>for the first time. The Italian episodes were uniformly awful. Very
> >>little of the third season featured Munday as a thief. He became an
> >>all-purpose SIA agent, often lent to foreign intelligence or US law
> >>enforcement. That final season was largely crap.
>
> >You did get Fred Astaire though. And the conceit that he was the Cary
> >Grant character from To Catch A Thief. Did they ever tell us who Al's
> >mother was? (wikis) Hmm. Grace Kelly was only a year older than
> >Robert Wagner. Astaire and Grant were both old enough to be Wagner's
> >father though.
>
> I don't recall it mentioned, no. So, Ginger Rogers
>
> >Looks like the DVD set finally came out
>
> >http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DKS1Z8?tag=tvshowsondvdcom&link_code=as3&a...
> >eASIN=B005DKS1Z8&creative=373489&camp=211189
>
> >reviews say the video quality is pretty bad though. A shame, really.
>
> So, transferred from the same deteriorated prints that get worse and
> worse each year in second run syndication. There seemed to be
> substantial red shift, especially in Season 1.
>
> Stupid question that I should really know: Is there a master print,
> and subsequent prints are positive transfers (in which case I could make
> the obvious Ektachrome joke), or is there a master negative, and prints
> are made from that?
>
> It's a master negative, right?

Oh, god, there are negatives and internegatives and positives and
interpositives and ... it just all depends. It varies with the time and
place and studio and needs (are there a bunch of optical fx?).
Hopefully you leave the camera negative alone, which is why they're able
to go back now and remaster pristine stuff.

Here's one procedure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_camer...