how to use a variable reference another variable?

yuesefa

12/30/2006 7:51:00 PM

since variable names are not objects, is there any possible ways to do
this? thank you!

Lionel Bouton

Haofei Wang wrote the following on 30.12.2006 20:50 :
> since variable names are not objects, is there any possible ways to do
> this? thank you!

Given that Ruby doesn't allow this, maybe the problem you want to solve
has a simple solution using another language feature. For what
purpose(s) would you want to use variable references?

Lionel

yuesefa

> Given that Ruby doesn't allow this, maybe the problem you want to solve
> has a simple solution using another language feature. For what
> purpose(s) would you want to use variable references?
>
> Lionel

Just curious. i vaguely have heard of it before

Sy Ali

On 12/30/06, Haofei Wang <yuesefa@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Given that Ruby doesn't allow this, maybe the problem you want to solve
> > has a simple solution using another language feature. For what
> > purpose(s) would you want to use variable references?
>
> Just curious. i vaguely have heard of it before

If you're interested, I had a thread called "patching strings together
to make a variable" a long while back which had some references to
doing such tricks..

Hass

On Mar 11, 8:56 am, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> drso...@aol.com wrote: wrote:
> > On Mar 8, 5:44 am, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:
> >> You do not speak for the majority of old people.  The majority of old
> >> people are more concerned with preserving the sanctity of marriage,
> >> lowering taxes and more free healthcare.
>
> >And preserving Social Security...
> >-------------------------------------
> >SRN: Absolutely!
>
> How refreshingly honest about your ulterior motives.
>
> --
> "If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
> 21st century."

Non-response noted...get bck to us wen you have areal argument to
make.

Mason Barge

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 07:06:11 -0700 (PDT), Hass <bhasselback@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mar 11, 8:56?am, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> drso...@aol.com wrote: wrote:
>>
>> >And preserving Social Security...
>> >SRN: Absolutely!
>>
>> How refreshingly honest about your ulterior motives.
>>
>> --
>> "If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
>> 21st century."
>
>Non-response noted...get bck to us wen you have areal argument to
>make.

Woohoo! Seamus alert! TROLL BATTLE!!!!1!