Fwd: [Vit-core] Ruby 1.8.5-p2 Stable Version download bug-fix confusion.

James Gray

12/29/2006 12:28:00 AM

The following is a complaint we received about the Ruby home page today.

Could some kind core maintainer please explain what's going on here?
I'm happy to fix our link on the site if it is broken, though it does
seem OK to me.

Thanks for any insight.

James Edward Gray II

Begin forwarded message:

> From: shugo@ruby-lang.org
> Date: December 28, 2006 4:27:32 PM CST
> To: vit-core@rubyforge.org
> Subject: [Vit-core] Ruby 1.8.5-p2 Stable Version download bug-fix
> confusion.
>
> Hello,
>
> I just grabbed the latest (recommended) Stable Version, 1.8.5-p2, from
> www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/. After installing it (no worries
> there) when I try to run
> my scripts I get the following:
>
> /..path../ri_options.rb:53: uninitialized constant RI::Paths
> (NameError)
>
> Searching the comp.lang.ruby group, I see this error was reported
> (#388743) and apparently
> fixed in 1.8.5-2. When I apply the fix (i.e. simply adding the
> "require
> 'rdoc/ri/ri_paths'" statement in ri_options) the problem goes away.
>
> Am I suffering from brain fade, or does the recommended Stable
> Version on the Ruby
> download page still contain this bug in ri_options.rb ?
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> cheers,
>
> paulv
>
> --
> Paul van Delst Ride lots.
> CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP/EMC Eddy Merckx
> Ph: (301)763-8000 x7748
> Fax:(301)763-8545

James Gray

On Dec 28, 2006, at 6:27 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> The following is a complaint we received about the Ruby home page
> today.
>
> Could some kind core maintainer please explain what's going on here?

My apologies to Ruby Talk. I meant to send this to Ruby Core and
will resend.

James Edward Gray II