Re: Randomizing an Array?

Gavin Kistner

12/22/2006 8:20:00 PM

From: Gavin Kistner
> You might search the mailing list archive on this topic if
> 'true' randomness (or close to it) is important to you.

Nevermind, I did it for you. Here's the thread:
http://rubyu...

Here's batsman's web page about it in depth (referenced in the first
post in the thread):
http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?sort_by+rand...

And here's a wiki page discussing other methods (referenced in
Mauricio's post):
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?Ar...

1 Answer

jwcooper

Gavin Kistner wrote:
> From: Gavin Kistner
> > You might search the mailing list archive on this topic if
> > 'true' randomness (or close to it) is important to you.
>
> Nevermind, I did it for you. Here's the thread:
> http://rubyu...
>
> Here's batsman's web page about it in depth (referenced in the first
> post in the thread):
> http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?sort_by+rand...
>
> And here's a wiki page discussing other methods (referenced in
> Mauricio's post):
> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?Ar...

Hey, Thank you again! You have been an immense help in this. :)