WEBrick and swf files

eching

12/21/2006 4:40:00 PM

Hi, I am having trouble getting Mozilla firefox to load a swf file
served from WEBrick. When I access the same file from another web
server in firefox, it works fine (apache, abyss, etc)

When I access the file from Internet Explorer 6 (served from WEBrick),
the swf file loads fine. When I try from firefox, I am asked if I want
to download the file.

Here is what WEBrick logs when it serves the file:

localhost - - [21/Dec/2006:10:11:22 CST] "GET /hello.lzx.swf HTTP/1.1"
304 0

I checked in firefox options and it has swf files listed to be opened
with shockwave flash. I also added "swf" =>
"application/x-shockwave-flash" as a mime type in webrick (added to
httputils.rb)

I am a bit green at these finer points of HTTP so if anyone has a
suggestion or possible solution, I'd greatly appreciate it, as I'd hate
to have to use Internet explorer for this particular app. I'd also
like to use WEBrick to serve the application.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

15 Answers

Rimantas Liubertas

<...>
> When I access the file from Internet Explorer 6 (served from WEBrick),
> the swf file loads fine. When I try from firefox, I am asked if I want
> to download the file.
>
> Here is what WEBrick logs when it serves the file:
>
> localhost - - [21/Dec/2006:10:11:22 CST] "GET /hello.lzx.swf HTTP/1.1"
> 304 0

Status code 304 "Not modified" means that server has the same version
of the file
as browser in it's cache. So in this case file won't be served and
browser will use
cached version.

> I checked in firefox options and it has swf files listed to be opened
> with shockwave flash. I also added "swf" =>
> "application/x-shockwave-flash" as a mime type in webrick (added to
> httputils.rb)

It would help to see full set of headers (you can use LiveHTTPHeaders
or Firebug extesnions for that), but I have a wild idea: can you try
to rename your swf from
hello.lzx.swf to, say hello-lzx.swf maybe something along the path thinks that
lzx is extension of the file, not .swf....

Regards,
Rimantas
--
http://rim...

eching

> It would help to see full set of headers (you can use LiveHTTPHeaders
> or Firebug extesnions for that), but I have a wild idea: can you try
> to rename your swf from
> hello.lzx.swf to, say hello-lzx.swf maybe something along the path thinks that
> lzx is extension of the file, not .swf....

Renaming the file worked. I also cleared the browser's cache and the
original file name works as well.

Thanks for the response.

Gunner Asch

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 21:47:29 -0400, "Scout"
<me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

><dcaster@krl.org> wrote in message

>>> Anyone who equates aborting gestating fetuses with killing first-grade
>>> kids is a little off his rocker, Roger.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ed Huntress
>>>

>> Anyone that argues that terminating a life , is no big deal, is off
>> their rocker.
>
>I don't know if I would go that far, I could certainly accept the execution
>of certain particularly nasty criminals which are known to be guilty beyond
>any doubt. (ie caught in the act)

Or Far Leftwing Extremist Fringe Kooks.

They only LOOK human.

Its a form of camoflage.

1,949 murdered in Obama's organized communities

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:46:14 -0400, Ed Huntress
<huntres23@optonline.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 06:12:33 -0700, "1,952 murdered in Obama's
>organized communities" <GunGrabber@whitehouse.gov> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 13:20:44 -0400, Ed Huntress
>><huntres23@optonline.net> wrote:

>>>How many slaughtered kids would you tolerate in order that wannabe
>>>Rambos can enjoy their toys without interference?
>>
>>How many slaughtered kids would you tolerate in order that an isabe
>>religion can enjoy their jihads without interference?
>
>None.

So you would ban/deport/exterminate Islam? It is the only way to
guarantee no more murders by Islamist pig bastards.

But there will still be other sickos willing to kill. They will find
a reason just as a killer denied a gun will find another means to
kill.

1,949 murdered in Obama's organized communities

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:10:33 -0500, "RogerN" <regor@midwest.net>
wrote:

>"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
>
>>On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 06:12:33 -0700, "1,952 murdered in Obama's
>>organized communities" <GunGrabber@whitehouse.gov> wrote:
>>
><snip>

>>>How many slaughtered kids would you tolerate in order that an isabe
>>>religion can enjoy their jihads without interference?
>>
>>None.
>>
>>--
>>Ed Huntress
>
>Unless it's for abortion, then millions of slaughtered kids are no problem
>for Ed.

Well, of course, those are just lifeless blobs of parasitical cells
illegally squatting in a woman's body.

1,949 murdered in Obama's organized communities

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 18:41:19 -0700, GOP_Decline_and_Fall
<Dev@null.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 20:48:20 -0400, Ed Huntress
><huntres23@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 15:47:04 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunnerasch@gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Ed is obviously insane, or at the beginning stages of senial dementia
>>
>>Ha! There's some irony. Caster, who just a few weeks ago said "Killing
>>of children in schools is pretty much a non problem, but it does get
>>people excited," is now upset about "terminating a life." In reference
>>to my post that he was responding to, if you put those two comments of
>>his together, you have "Killing actual children in schools is a
>>non-problem, but terminating a fetus means you're off your rocker."
>>
>>I guess Dan has some of that down-home social conservatism in him:
>>Everyone has a right to life, from conception until birth. From then
>>on, all bets are off.
>>
>>As for Gunner, that's the way most sane people appear after you've had
>>a stroke. You just can't keep up, and it's driving you crazy. Not that
>>you had far to go.
>
>Sorry.
>
>Having had a stroke is no excuse for publishing a stream of terrorist
>threats and psychotic fantasies about strangling his neighbors with
>barbed wire, and gloating about them gurgling in their own blood is
>it?

Sounds more like the testimony from abortionist Kermit Gosnell's
murder trial...

1,949 murdered in Obama's organized communities

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 21:47:29 -0400, "Scout"
<me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

><dcaster@krl.org> wrote in message

>>> Anyone who equates aborting gestating fetuses with killing first-grade
>>> kids is a little off his rocker, Roger.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ed Huntress
>>>

>> Anyone that argues that terminating a life , is no big deal, is off
>> their rocker.
>
>I don't know if I would go that far, I could certainly accept the execution
>of certain particularly nasty criminals which are known to be guilty beyond
>any doubt. (ie caught in the act)

If the left would force citizens to support the murder of the most
innocent, why should we not at least practice first on the most
guilty?

Jim Wilkins

"RD Sandman" <rdsandman[remove]@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I have driven on tracks myself like Elkhart Lake (once) but I see
> big
> differences between them and a freeway and heavy city traffic. For
> one
> thing the Autobahn is designed for 120 mph (200kph) up while our
> freeways
> had a design parameter of 80 mph. Additionally, our cars in this
> country
> are not designed for autobahn speeds other than Corvette and a
> couple of
> others. There was a push a few years ago (say 25) for drivers
> licences
> and auto licenses to be set in different colors or indicators based
> on
> driver qualifications. Some would authorized no more than 50-55,
> some
> would be authorized at 80 or so and others would be limited only by
> the
> automobile.

One of our Army vehicles in Germany was a C-10 (Chevy Suburban) that
spent its life at 100MPH on the Autobahn. Relatively few vehicles
passed it, the average speed there was about 80-90, though I've
watched cars speed past beneath us while flying above a lightly
traveled section near the Border.

The older parts near Frankfurt weren't suited to high speed.

The fastest I went down a German road was 150, about 50 feet up in a
twin Beech. Somehow we had permission to fly as low as we wanted,
perhaps to practice anti-tank tactics.
jsw

RD Sandman

"Jim Wilkins" <muratlanne@gmail.com> wrote in news:kllrad$3s7$1@dont-
email.me:

> "RD Sandman" <rdsandman[remove]@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I have driven on tracks myself like Elkhart Lake (once) but I see
>> big
>> differences between them and a freeway and heavy city traffic. For
>> one
>> thing the Autobahn is designed for 120 mph (200kph) up while our
>> freeways
>> had a design parameter of 80 mph. Additionally, our cars in this
>> country
>> are not designed for autobahn speeds other than Corvette and a
>> couple of
>> others. There was a push a few years ago (say 25) for drivers
>> licences
>> and auto licenses to be set in different colors or indicators based
>> on
>> driver qualifications. Some would authorized no more than 50-55,
>> some
>> would be authorized at 80 or so and others would be limited only by
>> the
>> automobile.
>>

> One of our Army vehicles in Germany was a C-10 (Chevy Suburban) that
> spent its life at 100MPH on the Autobahn. Relatively few vehicles
> passed it, the average speed there was about 80-90, though I've
> watched cars speed past beneath us while flying above a lightly
> traveled section near the Border.
>
> The older parts near Frankfurt weren't suited to high speed.
>
> The fastest I went down a German road was 150, about 50 feet up in a
> twin Beech. Somehow we had permission to fly as low as we wanted,
> perhaps to practice anti-tank tactics.

Or to get a feel of the road. ;)

--
Sleep well, tonight.....

RD (The Sandman

You can be young without money, but you
can't be old without it.

> "Jim Wilkins" <muratlanne@gmail.com> wrote in
> email.me:
>>
>> The fastest I went down a German road was 150, about 50 feet up in
>> twin Beech. Somehow we had permission to fly as low as we wanted,
>> perhaps to practice anti-tank tactics.
>
> Or to get a feel of the road. ;)
> RD (The Sandman

We were lost under a very low overcast and I was calling out village
names while the pilot watched for power lines. The ground-skimming
helicopters were sneaking around next to treelines.