ruby-prof doesn't work with ruby/tk?

fkc_email-news @ yahoo dot com

12/21/2006 1:11:00 AM

I've tried on several platforms and get the follow error with any tk
code.

[Forrest@Mori ~/<1>masc_log_viewer/lib]$ ruby-prof tkcombobox.rb
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-prof-0.4.1/bin/ruby-prof:128:in
`stop': Unknown singleton class: 2145471700 (RuntimeError)
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-prof-0.4.1/bin/ruby-prof:128

it'll fail on a file that only has require 'tk' in it.

Is this a known problem? Any alternatives for profiling ruby/tk apps
that are quicker than the built in profiler?

Thanks

Forrest

2 Answers

Hidetoshi NAGAI

fkc_email-news @ yahoo dot com

That worked for the most part. I had a failure with one chunk on the
patch, but hand added that, and I had to add code to change foo.rb to
../foo.rb for proper $0 substitution on my system (cygwin ruby).

Thanks for the quick and useful response. Here and all the other Tk
questions you answer so quickly. Ever consider getting your Tk book
translated?

Forrest